Sunday Pic of the Day

Poplar and Sweet Gum. Mostly poplar in those pictures though.

I have cut down every tree and sawed every board.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
BOARD.

It's been a bit of a journey. I could have likely had it 100% completed months ago if I had gone with OSB but I'm way too stubborn for that. lol

View attachment 263604

View attachment 263603
Very nice. I just got a 130max a month or so ago. After the first day of playing with it my wife asked me what I'm going to "redesign" on it. I'm just finishing up making it longer to accommodate 20' logs. The first real project on the agenda is a wood shed with dovetail corners. Next is I have about 20 Black Walnut trunks and root balls. Stand back, sawdust will fly!

Very nice. I just got a 130max a month or so ago. After the first day of playing with it my wife asked me what I'm going to "redesign" on it. I'm just finishing up making it longer to accommodate 20' logs. The first real project on the agenda is a wood shed with dovetail corners. Next is I have about 20 Black Walnut trunks and root balls. Stand back, sawdust will fly!
Wear a mask. Walnut dust is pretty darn toxic.

Thanks for the info. The thing I hate about masks is they steam up my glasses.
The thing you may hate about walnut is what it will do to your lungs if you aren't careful. Makes steamed glasses pretty trivial. Cutting wet wood might not be a big problem but when I do a bigger projected with walnut, especially if a lot of sanding or lathe turning, I mask up and run a recirc air filter in the shop. I used to take chances. Now I'm older...

The thing you may hate about walnut is what it will do to your lungs if you aren't careful. Makes steamed glasses pretty trivial. Cutting wet wood might not be a big problem but when I do a bigger projected with walnut, especially if a lot of sanding or lathe turning, I mask up and run a recirc air filter in the shop. I used to take chances. Now I'm older...
Understand on the older part,,,,At 70 you would think I had already screwed up most everything. Nope! There's something new to screw up most every day.

Mallard your shop looks nice. I like milling poplar also it is real easy to handle and plenty around these parts.

Mallard your shop looks nice. I like milling poplar also it is real easy to handle and plenty around these parts.

My shop is in tatters right now. Once I get the walls finished, I can start re-organizing stuff. I have a hard time seeing such a messy shop. Thats just not me. lol

leftover smoked elk burgers for lunch at work. fresh grilled jalapenos and onions, pepper jack, with stubbs barbeque sauce

holy crap, this is the stuff that makes me want to grind up all of every animal all the time.

IMG-1421.jpgIMG-1422.jpg

Poplar and Sweet Gum. Mostly poplar in those pictures though.

I have cut down every tree and sawed every board.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
BOARD.

It's been a bit of a journey. I could have likely had it 100% completed months ago if I had gone with OSB but I'm way too stubborn for that. lol

View attachment 263604

View attachment 263603
Nice looking space! Are you concerned about mice getting back into the space between the metal siding and the paneling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back