Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sucks

Sober as a bird. I’m just that passionate about how a feel about these stupid websites. I made this username to voice my opinion. And no I don’t need a hunting buddy because you would post on here exactly where we went and every detail about it and there will be 10 Washington license plates next time I go.
Now I feel like I've been personally attacked. :( If I started hunting MT before you did, can I still keep coming?

I said it in my last post I made a username to start this post. That’s it. Hell no im not going to contribute shit my family worked to damn hard to just give it all away to everybody who wants to see it just to make myself look like a badass. The culture has changed. It’s not about tradition anymore it’s about who can shoot the biggest animal with the coolest gadgets and then post it all over the internet to my their dick feel bigger

Ruh-roh, sounds like someone didn't fill their tag this archery season...deer feeder broke down? Or is this some sort of weird reverse-psychology thing to actually get someone's honey hole? Ok, here's a pic of my new one, just found it 2 weekends ago, 6 bulls feeding 1/4 mile below my camp at sunrise...no joke6g2zmLwESIuF9tO2sM8pRw.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to say it really sucks and breaks my heart to realize that a website like this exists along with podcasts and whatever else designed to give out all the information about where and how to hunt. Keep giving away all the info social media is going to ruin hunting. Welcome to Montana tell all your friends to move here but make sure it’s bozeman and you have to buy all the most updated and expensive gear with a huge diesel truck. Websites like this suck

you sound like a very selfish individual. if all hunters were like you there would not be any hunting left.

I see some of the op's concern. He could have worded things differently so as not to hurt feelings. mtmuley

I share of few of the OPs concerns.

Randy's public lands advocacy is very valuable. The image he puts forth of hunting is invaluable. Does it come with a cost? Sure it does. In my shallow mind, the cost is entirely worth it to prevent hunting from becoming irrelevant for future generations.

I've long been an advocate of teaching a man how to fish. I've never seen Randy to tell people WHERE to go. Rather he tells them HOW to do it. Big difference. People still have to put boots on the ground and learn through the school of hard knocks, but there is no doubt all the plethora of information can drastically shorten the learning curve if someone is smart enough to put it together.

Technology and internet forums are a double edged sword. I miss the days of ordering a paper topo map of an area and then looking at it wondering if the white parts were impassable scree or a sagebrush meadow. The only way to know was go for a hike. Yet, I now use OnX to access pieces of public land I never would have felt confident navigating with the old school GPS units.

I certainly don't see any Instagram personalities here. Not sure where the barrage of insults originated from.

Just want to say it really sucks and breaks my heart to realize that a website like this exists along with podcasts and whatever else designed to give out all the information about where and how to hunt. Keep giving away all the info social media is going to ruin hunting. Welcome to Montana tell all your friends to move here but make sure it’s bozeman and you have to buy all the most updated and expensive gear with a huge diesel truck. Websites like this suck
You're here so you are part of the problem as well. Don't post any of your secret spots and you'll have nothing to worry about.

You can literally reply to every thread where someone asks for pointers on a particular unit with “Get into hard to access areas and get away from crowds” and you haven’t given away a thing and it still requires the person to figure it out for themselves 😄

Since the draw is complete, wanted to make sure everyone has a fair shot.
The biggest bucks and bulls are here:
45.753541, -108.529183

Well, go the hell away and don’t click on the link again. We won’t miss you-promise

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back