MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Spring hunting poll

What’s your favorite spring hunt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hunt turkey every year, but I generally focus more on morels and crappies. It’s hard to beat pan fried morels in butter next to a crappie fillet.

I'm excited for a rematch with the spring turkeys as this is only my second year hunting them. But I'm also equally excited to get my dad his first bear and try out some new recipes. I am not mentally prepared for ticks however 😬

Permethrin for the win! One tick attached over four years of heavy spring hunting since starting using Permethrin as instructed. One dose on the external clothing and I’m good to go for the next 4-6 weeks.

For poison ivy I have adopted a new strategy which is working near 100% success even when I’m crawling around in nothing but the blasted weed. I’m as careful as if in the OR about touching hands to face and once I get back to the car, a liberal double dose of Tecnu lotion is applied, and shower as soon as I get home.

Turkeys for me !! They are gobbling right now (6:16 AM) behind my house !! Season opens May 1.

Nothing like sitting on a ridge in the spring watching the mountains come to life for the season after a long nap. Spring bear's are pretty effn sweet. A guy can even score some bonus sheds abs morels from time to time.

Hunting nah...Fishin' in the am. Then swillin'and chillin' in the afternoon. 〽💥

I’ve never hunted spring bear but answered both cause if WI had a spring bear season, I’d be all over it. Taking my little guy out after turkeys this year - hoping it all comes together for us.

I really dig both, but kids baseball puts quite a crimp on doing any. The current situation might open up quite a few options for turkeys this spring and possibly squirrels in KY or TN.

Black bears are my current unicorn. I really intend on giving them more attention in the near future.

Hunting bears in the spring for me.
There are always extras you may find in the woods, while on your quest for a black bear.

Axis deer in Hawaii is my favorite Springtime pursuit. Although I have put it on hold for a while, mixing things up a bit.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back