Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Spring hunting poll

What’s your favorite spring hunt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to hunt spring turkey a lot back in my 20s living in West Texas. My dad's family owned a little 80 acre spot full of brush and gullies. The deer hunting was always kind of mediocre but the big Rio Grande turkeys were incredible. And there was a 4 bird limit. I had a lot of fun dodging snakes and talking to those things. Shot a pile of them. Some were huge. I've hunted turkeys a little in MT, but it's not the same and I'd have to drive pretty far to do it. More opportunities for bear around where we live, and bears are pretty fascinating animals too. And I'm actually not that crazy about the meat, but oddly, my kids like to eat bear. Go figure.

Neither! Morels, spawning crappies, and aggressive trout are what my spring dreams are made of! One day, I'll try spring bear. But as long as my black lab named Bear is around, I don't see myself jumping for joy over spring bears.

Spot and shoot black bear (3 bear limit for residents in interior AK)
Baiting is legal here, but not my style.

I think Alaska is the only state that does not have a spring gobbler season.

My chances at spring turkey got shit-canned this week. I had a work trip planned that lined up perfectly with turkey season but it got cancelled. I'll be shooting snows and chasing bears at home in Saskatchewan instead!

I was at the taxidermist today and he does a fair number of Canada black bears every year. If the border doesn’t open it’s not going to hurt only canadian businesses.

Turkeys for me no contest. We open April 4th and I am plumb giddy.

Turkey hunting is just slightly below deer hunting on my list of favorite things.

Neither! Morels, spawning crappies, and aggressive trout are what my spring dreams are made of! One day, I'll try spring bear. But as long as my black lab named Bear is around, I don't see myself jumping for joy over spring bears.
A turkey, morels and a Brooke trout all in the same day I call a Driftless Trifecta.

Yes, I plan to Turkey and bear hunt, and chase some raccoons with my hounds. Never got a bear, but have gotten a few spring turkeys. I love being out in the spring.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back