Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

South Carolina Deer Hunting

no. people get upset when you bad mouth their legal method(s) of hunting. and since when did dogs become toys?

You do know that these methods are NOT LEGAl in many areas and states correct?
But all my methods are....so....ya

You do know that these methods are NOT LEGAl in many areas and states correct?
But all my methods are....so....ya

fyi in many states ite's legal to SHOOT any dog seen chasing or used to hunt deer. Guess it's just up yonder dog huntin for deer is a good thing. Again FYI dogs for deer hunting BS!
Bears coons whatever have at it.

For staters son, look just left of my name. One more thing, is hunting with your 348 and 30-06 harder then hunting with a cross bow? Just asking since you are talking about doing things the hard way. Go ahead and post some big buck pics, I will believe you shot them.

Someone wanted to raise money being funny to get me a gun. I simply told him what I used. The .348 is a classic

YOU do know we are not talking about many areas and many states. we are talking about virginia and south carolina. if you remember correctly, this thread was started because someone was bad mouthing the way people hunted in a certain area.

again, bad mouthing legal methods of hunting = BS.

yankee,
I have read this entire thread and from what I can tell, the replies have come from most areas of the country and not many are agreeing with you. From what I can tell, your not happy with the way us southerners hunt but miss the way you were able to hunt up north. I, be no means, am a genious, but I would say that you continue to live with us "lazy" hunters, but take the money you spend on the lease and buy Vermont license where everyone hunts the way you do. You will never be happy down here because you will not change the way we, or the guys on your lease, hunt. You stated that you only knew a few of the ones on the lease. Trust me, when the others find out that there is a yankee who wants to change their methods, they will be more than glad to see you hunt elsewhere.
I said in my oringinal post that I could not stand the way hunters were hunting up north when I was there, so I quit going. I did not try to change anything. There are leases that I am invited to hunt that run dogs. I`m not a dog hunter, so instead of joining and complaining, I declined. This is not rocket science here!

And you an armchair, value meal and a huntin gudie to drop ya off near a food plot
My 348 and browning 30-06 work well enough. Donate your money to the co fireman if you want it to do any good
Is that Browning one of those "traditional" A-bolts? :D What kind of scope? :D

Seems like a traditionalist would be more interested in using something that predates a cartridge rifle, like a flint or match lock... :p

I wish I held myself in as high esteem as you hold yourself... :rolleyes:

Oh god, please let this thread end. I cant believe I read the whole thing...

Yankee, stop digging the hole deeper.

Threads like this make me so happy to live in the west.

Very good point!
Seems testosterone is at a high this time of year waiting for the seasons. We can all agree to disagree. I just choose to keep my opinions to myself. I have enough trouble keeping my foot out of my mouth without jumping into one of these frays.

Threads like this make me so happy to live in the west.

yankee,
I have read this entire thread and from what I can tell, the replies have come from most areas of the country and not many are agreeing with you. From what I can tell, your not happy with the way us southerners hunt but miss the way you were able to hunt up north. I, be no means, am a genious, but I would say that you continue to live with us "lazy" hunters, but take the money you spend on the lease and buy Vermont license where everyone hunts the way you do. You will never be happy down here because you will not change the way we, or the guys on your lease, hunt. You stated that you only knew a few of the ones on the lease. Trust me, when the others find out that there is a yankee who wants to change their methods, they will be more than glad to see you hunt elsewhere.
I said in my oringinal post that I could not stand the way hunters were hunting up north when I was there, so I quit going. I did not try to change anything. There are leases that I am invited to hunt that run dogs. I`m not a dog hunter, so instead of joining and complaining, I declined. This is not rocket science here!

Quite the oposite. Maybe you are not represenative of a southern hunter. The people in my hunt club respect my methods. Being that i will not shoot small bucks or deer under 100lbs and I hunt from a stand for the entire day while they need to hit Hardeys around 11. You seen like a nice person but feel if you hunted up north it was near farm fields and being states like aVermont do not allow does to be taken with anything but a bow or in black powder season you filled very few tags. Unless you hunted PA or NY. And that's the reason you did not like it. We have a saying up north "Get a southern boy in the big woods for a week, And he will go home for a lifetime"

Is that Browning one of those "traditional" A-bolts? :D What kind of scope? :D

Seems like a traditionalist would be more interested in using something that predates a cartridge rifle, like a flint or match lock... :p

I wish I held myself in as high esteem as you hold yourself... :rolleyes:

Who needs a scope?

YOU do know we are not talking about many areas and many states. we are talking about virginia and south carolina. if you remember correctly, this thread was started because someone was bad mouthing the way people hunted in a certain area.

again, bad mouthing legal methods of hunting = BS.

WHAT KIND OF IDIOT NEEDS A DARN DOG TO GET A DEER???
I mean we have some white trash heathons down in SC who use them.
I know a man who runs one of those hunting camps and he can't sit a hunter in a spot dogs have been in for 3 weeks because the scent ruins the area.
Smoking is legal, Does not mean anyone should smoke.
being 85 it's legal to date an 18 year old child. Does not mean anyone should.
You get my point.

WHAT KIND OF IDIOT NEEDS A DARN DOG TO GET A DEER???
I mean we have some white trash heathons down in SC who use them.
I know a man who runs one of those hunting camps and he can't sit a hunter in a spot dogs have been in for 3 weeks because the scent ruins the area.
Smoking is legal, Does not mean anyone should smoke.
being 85 it's legal to date an 18 year old child. Does not mean anyone should.
You get my point.

Hey Ace, your credibility is nil and you crossed the line a long time ago, so it's time to zip it up, pack it up, and just go away!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back