Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Son's deployment (USMC)

T Bone

After two years of training, my son deploys in a couple of hours.

Can't give specifics on what or where. All I can say is that he and his team have skills, and will be in some situations that I really can't get my head around at this moment in time.

So.......my boy. Remember what you learned at home. Remember your training. Be kind. Be honest. Be honorable. Pray. Go to church when you can.

When it is time, do not hesitate. Hit fast, hit hard.

Come back safe and sound. We have many days on the mountain ahead of us.

Having a tough time with this...just felt like posting it here.

I'm sure your very proud but it would be very tough. Glad to have people like him around. Thanks for his service.

Keep your head on a swivel Brother.....T-Bone I got no words for you I've only been on the other side. I will say I only came home because I had a praying mother and I can't explain it, but she knew when to pray. So many times I called home and she would ask what was going on at a certain time and I couldn't say I would only tell her to keep praying and she knew exactly what I meant.

You gave your son the best advice possible, and I have little doubt that you brought him up the same way. Not only are you proud of your son, but I definitely am too, because of what he is doing for all of us!! Right now all you can do is part of your advice to him....pray! Put it in His hands, and everything will be fine. Tufrthnails post reiterates that!

Thank you for what you're doing for our country too as a parent!

I'll be in your same situation soon... my 19 year old has sworn in to the Marines and heads to boot camp on September 5th. I'm a mix of proud and concerned, but as you guys have mentioned, all I can do is pray.

I deployed a couple of times throughout my career and couldn't imagine what my parents went through, especially after being wounded in Iraq. I have a son in the Army now and there's rumors going around about a possible deployment, and my daughter leaves for boot camp in 3 weeks. I'm proud of them both and just hope that if they do deploy that their leadership is better than mine was, but it is part of the job they signed up for at the same time.

Come back safe and sound. We have many days on the mountain ahead of us
Having a tough time with this...just felt like posting it here.

Posts like this still give this old timer bleary vision. You post up any time that you feel appropriate. You have the right attitude and trust me - he'll come back with more self confidence and life long "true friends" than the normal person can understand. Been there - done that. Toughest dinner I ever ate was the last night before our son left on deployment when we had moved all his personal stuff into storage, he asked me to take his pickup and guns home, handed over his insurance info and gave me power of attorney paperwork along with his check book to pay any unforeseen bills. He went through everything like he was teaching class without any emotion. Damn tough for anyone to put their arms around what these guys do for us.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for your son, you and your family, and wish him safe travels.

For the Mom's and Dad's out there - stay positive and if you don't believe that prayer helps, you soon will.

Been deployed a couple of times myself. You'll hate it, he'll love it. Best friends I could ever have were formed during firefights. Tell your son thanks for his service, and to keep his head down and change socks religiously. :D

Having been there, done that as an infantry squad leader (USMC as well) I can tell you that the prayers are the best thing you can do. This deployment will be harder for you than him. He doesn't have to remember his training - if the Corps has had him for two years it is muscle memory by now. You also don't have to worry about him hitting hard and fast - if the Corps can do anything it is fight. I will add my prayers to yours for his safe return.

I can only imagine what's going on inside you. I think you gave your son the best advice possibly. I wish him well and for him to return home safely.

T-Bone, my son deployed 06-07 14 months airborne scout. I'm with you on this one. As a parent you're always wondering how he's doing and is he safe! You have to trust his training, the men and women he's around and pray! My daughters first college roommate was here over the weekend her husband is deployed right now in the Marines! God Bless them and America!

This morning as I left for work, I kissed my wife and 1-year old on the forehead. I know someday he'll grow up and his path will be his own. I would be proud if, at some point, I had to post a similar thread due to similar feelings. Thanks to your son for his service, and thanks to you for investing in his journey. I draw inspiration from dads who have a hard time seeing their kids off, but know the necessity of the separation. Godspeed to your boy.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back