Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sonoran (AZ) Smorgasbord

While sneaking on a Coues, don't lose your balance and trip down the ridge into one of these. Bleeding and cussing soon to follow in equally large doses. Everything here pokes or bites.

IMG_1576.jpg

Two failed stalks today. Anyone who spot and stalks Coues deer with a bow has my respect. Still not willing to bore myself to death over a water hole. I don't have the patience for such, no matter the improved odds of filling a tag.

If you walked this border fence with Mexico you would laugh at the idea that someone would believe a wall could be built here.

Last time I stepped foot in Mexico I got to see the inside of a Mexican jail. Better judgement prevailed and I did not place a foot on Mexican soil. Thought about it as a joke, but with Border Patrol guys watching from a ridge I figured their daily work would give them a different sense of humor about such things.

IMG_1575.jpg
Photo credit Steven Drake.

The TV guidelines that prohibit shooting animals in their beds is stupid. Eleven minutes of me standing over a bedded buck at 34 yards results in a really cool encounter, but no arrow released.

No joke, this is what jumped into my head when I read your post.

4Vvo8.gif

You have far more will power than I. Guidelines or not, one does not pass on a bedded coues that's worthy of an arrow.

Be safe.
cmc

If you walked this border fence with Mexico you would laugh at the idea that someone would believe a wall could be built here.

Last time I stepped foot in Mexico I got to see the inside of a Mexican jail. Better judgement prevailed and I did not place a foot on Mexican soil. Thought about it as a joke, but with Border Patrol guys watching from a ridge I figured their daily work would give them a different sense of humor about such things.

View attachment 66583
Photo credit Steven Drake.

Lol you did cross enemy air space!

Thought a video would be worth a few thousand words.

[video=youtube_share;FjicI0GP9Ns]https://youtu.be/FjicI0GP9Ns[/video]

Awesome video Randy, glad to see Larry and Jerry were able to be there with you. It looks like a great time. Certainly better than here -38 this morning.

Loved the preview. Watching it I was telling myself, "Someday, I gotta go hunt down there." And then in the last sentence of the youtube video you told me I would be saying that to myself.

Looking forward to the episode.

Can't wait to see more than the teaser. Glad to see Uncle Larry. He's my favorite guest hunter on your show.

Thanks for the preview. I will be packing today and flying to AZ on Sunday for a coues hunt. Can't wait.

Welcome back to our little corner of the world! Growing up in southern Arizona, you sometimes take it for granted a bit --- nice to see how its "specialness" appeals to others. Nothing better than a January hunt in Arizona with long-time buddies!

Love the new leather gloves (thumbs up on no cactus encounters to the ol' glutes this trip) ... ;)

Looks like some precip coming your way this weekend --- pulling for you and a filled deer and/or javelina tag!

You could have told the network that thing was standing the entire time. I would have vouched for ya. Awesome video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back