Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sofrin/Peax headlamps

rjthehunter

Just wanted to share with everyone who may not already know.

I was really interested in the peax headlamp. Good battery life, aluminum, rechargeable, etc. I looked into buying one, and was looking for reviews. Found a thread on rockslide about it. Turns out they are just rebranded sofrin headlamps.

I ordered one to check it out. Went with one that has white and red lights. Works great at almost 1/4 the cost. Ordering another one for the wife to use also!

Other than the Lumens output difference between the two, yes I'd agree same light.

Other than the Lumens output difference between the two, yes I'd agree same light.
I heard they're the same, just rated differently... It's plenty bright in my opinion. You can get just white light sofrin ones that are 1000 and 1200 lumen output of white light.

The just white light ones use both bulbs to get to 1000 lumens.

@rjthehunter
Since I'm a sucker for gear and can never have enough head lamps I had a Sofrin head lamp arrive today. Just did a comparison with my Peax head lamp I bought last Aug. I really liked the Peax head lamp last fall, the red light function is super bright with dimmable settings.
Here's my conclusion after comparisons tonight with same brand fully charged battery in both.
Weight: both same at 4.2oz w battery
Size: almost exact, the Peax is a couple mils longer in body/housing length.
Head band: Peax is a diff material, little thinner but feels more durable/dense (very negligible difference)
White light: Peax is brighter, casts a more white light color, and has a little more focused spot to it. Sofrin light has a little more flood to it, casts a more yellow tint color.
Red light: Peax is brighter, litter better focused cast of light, but again very negligible difference.
Housing angle rotation: Peax is a little more lose, where the Sofrin has a more rigid click to it at each angle.
Light operation: They are different from each other, on/off and rotating through brightness and red light the Sofrin's functionality is easier.
Overall: Anyone thinking of getting one of these lights, for the money and minimal differences I don't think you'd be at all sorry purchasing the Sofrin when considering the cost difference. Quick glance visually looking at both side by side they appear identical, very negligible differences.
Because I have both and know the differences, I'll grab the Peax first because it is a touch brighter and personally I like a whiter color light.

@rjthehunter
Since I'm a sucker for gear and can never have enough head lamps I had a Sofrin head lamp arrive today. Just did a comparison with my Peax head lamp I bought last Aug. I really liked the Peax head lamp last fall, the red light function is super bright with dimmable settings.
Here's my conclusion after comparisons tonight with same brand fully charged battery in both.
Head band: Peax is a diff material, little thinner but feels more durable/dense (very negligible difference)
White light: Peax is brighter, casts a more white light color, and has a little more focused spot to it. Sofrin light has a little more flood to it, casts a more yellow tint color.
Red light: Peax is brighter, litter better focused cast of light, but again very negligible difference.
Housing angle rotation: Peax is a little more lose, where the Sofrin has a more rigid click to it at each angle.
Light operation: They are different from each other, on/off and rotating through brightness and red light the Sofrin's functionality is easier.
Overall: Anyone thinking of getting one of these lights, for the money and minimal differences I don't think you'd be at all sorry purchasing the Sofrin when considering the cost difference. Quick glance visually looking at both side by side they appear identical, very negligible differences.
Because I have both and know the differences, I'll grab the Peax first because it is a touch brighter and personally I like a whiter color light.
Great review! I ordered the 1000 lumen version today too. One for hunting, one for work!

Just wanted to share with everyone who may not already know.

I was really interested in the peax headlamp. Good battery life, aluminum, rechargeable, etc. I looked into buying one, and was looking for reviews. Found a thread on rockslide about it. Turns out they are just rebranded sofrin headlamps.

I ordered one to check it out. Went with one that has white and red lights. Works great at almost 1/4 the cost. Ordering another one for the wife to use also!
Be careful they, peax, gets super defensive of being called out for it

@rjthehunter
How's the battery life?

How's the battery life?
Sorry I don't have data to report on that, I would reference the specs of the product.
I used my Peax last year 6days on an elk hunt, then 2 days into a buddy's goat hunt battery died late packing his goat out, no clue what my total run time had been to that point.

I believe it. Just trying to save fellow hunters some $$. That's just part of the risk you take when you rebrand someone else's product though. Someone will find out eventually.
Stone Glacier’s Skyscraper is made by Slingfin. It’s their Crossbow 2.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back