Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Local Archery Shop - AITA?

TexAg09

I'm a believer in supporting local businesses within reason, and always try to buy through my local archery shop (LAS) when possible. I don't need stuff often enough to the point where they know my name or anything though. Earlier this week I call my LAS to see if they had a specific arrow in stock. Turns out that they had a dozen. They had ordered them for a guy who never paid and never picked them up. He (the owner) quoted me a price, but told me he wasn't sure if that was the correct price but probably close. We talked about ordering some weighted inserts, and I let him know that I needed to do a little more research on the inserts, but I'd let him know later this week. The cost for the arrows was going to be about $5 more than buying the arrows online, NBD.

I stop by the LAS yesterday and he lets me know that he quoted me the wrong price, and that they were going to be more expensive. The final price was going to be $40 more than buying them online. I let him know that I hadn't budgeted for that, and I'd check back with him and walked out.

I left a little peeved. In the 4 days he had time to look up the correct price and see what they were selling them for online. These were not normal stock items for him, so I somewhat expected him to want to get rid of them.

I ended up ordering them online. Should I have just chalked up the $40 to supporting my LAS or am I the @$$hole for ordering them online? That's almost a new pack of broadheads in my mind.

You're not required to donate $40 to support a local business. They still need to have competitive pricing to some degree. If he's cutting and installing the inserts for you, he should be compensated for that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back