Snow in SW MT?

Kneetopia

I'm headed towards the SW corner of the state (Dillon/Lima-ish) and will be setting up home base at 8500 this upcoming weekend. What's the snow report? Getting good accumulation up high? Hoping for some tracking snow at least ~~fingerscrossed

Last edited:
Very little. I was at 9200 yesterday and there was an inch-3" depending on the spot. Not enough to make a difference. Supposed to snow this week.

Looking at St. Mary's Peak (9,351') from my yard, it's white up there and a little ways lower but just looks like a dusting.

Up on Lobo Mesa on Tuesday. They got some more snow on Thursday, but I think it warmed up over the weekend.

0C18B743-BBE6-4E70-A25A-198FC2144CD6.jpg

npaden, thanks for the letter link. How do you like your rzr trail 50"?, been looking at them or the Honda pioneer 500, 50". I have been noticing some other trails being open now for sxs 50".
kneetopia, sorry to get of the subject. Yes there is a snow storm coming in early this week and should be plenty of tracking snow. Thursday is marked on my calendar to be out, after the storm....
Good luck.

npaden, thanks for the letter link. How do you like your rzr trail 50"?, been looking at them or the Honda pioneer 500, 50". I have been noticing some other trails being open now for sxs 50".

I've just had it a month. Got a really good deal on a used 2013 with 139 miles on it.

It did everything asked of it really well. I read that they have some clearance issues so I put a little bigger tires on it and added a 2" lift kit. Ended up with about 12" of clearance and that was plenty for those trails. We just used it to haul camp in and then work out of there. Still ended up with almost 50 miles on the boots for the week.

The snow was mainly up above 8,500', We dropped down to about that mark to set camp.

D7793B79-2183-4B74-B6D3-823B3523A21F.jpg

I was at 8500 feet yesterday and there was 3-4" on the ground with intermittent blizzard conditions in the morning. The temps were high enough to make it sloppy and my boots soaked through by noon...didn't cut a fresh track all day.

Looking at St. Mary's Peak (9,351') from my yard, it's white up there and a little ways lower but just looks like a dusting.

A bit more than a dusting. Across the valley at 8000' I was in 10".

8-13 inches is predicted for SW Montana by Wednesday morning. I'm heading down to Region 3 tomorrow evening, good luck out there guys.

Anybody been out in the Gravs, Cents or Snow crests? Heard it's a impassable at top elevations without snowmo or atv w chains.

I've been in the gravellys and snowcrest. But I cant offer much help with it being impassable. I parked on the road and hiked all day. I'd be shocked if you could drive some any of the upper roads.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back