Smart Phone

idnative1948

Searched and info is kind of dated. Due to upgrade on the 28th and I am so dumb I NEED to get a smart phone. One concern is battery life/replaceable battery so what say you??

Searched and info is kind of dated. Due to upgrade on the 28th and I am so dumb I NEED to get a smart phone. One concern is battery life/replaceable battery so what say you??

Had my iPhone for over a year with no loss in battery life. You can't replace the battery like you could with the older phones but so far I've not found a problem. The more active you are with it the less battery life you have of course, but even for business use, I've not had any complaints with mine.

Hey, I'm due for an upgrade on the 28th myself. I'm an android guy and I'm going with a Galaxy Nexus (it's the phone apple sued samsung for copying their iPhone so right now Verizon has a screaming deal on it--only $50). Battery life seems to be one of the only drawbacks to this phone, but the battery is replaceable.

Have been using an old Samsung without camera for lo these many years, but recently upgraded to a used militarized Verizon "Brigade". Waterproof to 25 feet and so rugged you can kick it down the street. No use for smart phones and data packs, just a simple phone for a simple guy. The less technology I have to deal with the more time I have for living life.

Have been using an old Samsung without camera for lo these many years, but recently upgraded to a used militarized Verizon "Brigade". Waterproof to 25 feet and so rugged you can kick it down the street. No use for smart phones and data packs, just a simple phone for a simple guy.

But how can you facebook, tweet and check your email when you're hunting? My goodness man, have you no sense of decency? :)

I have had the Gzone Commando for almost 2 years. It has everything you need in a smart phone but it is made for guys like us. It is waterproof and virtually indestructible.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII and really like it. I like the bigger screen, and the ability to use Google Maps. In addition, I have downloaded Backcountry Navigator Pro ($10) and use it as my GPS, I can toggle between satelitte images and USGS 24k TOPO.

I went through this a little over a year ago and went with the iPhone, I'm extremely happy I did. A coworker of mine has a work droid and a personel iPhone. She uses her iphone way more than the droid, even for work things.

I will say that the Droid my brother has, has great reach for whatever reason. And only reason we got news of a last minute funeral that one of our guys had to bail out to.

Do not go with the Iphone 5, lots of people stating there are battery issues. The Razr MAXX has the best battery life I hear. As for me, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and I hear the new Note II has awesome battery life, but can't vouch for it.

I say go to the store and try them out, but don't always trust what they tell you as most of them in the store don't know crap and just give you their fav just we are doing. Read as much as possible and then make your decision.

I've got an iPhone 4 and a 4S. If you are strictly looking at battery life the 4 does better than the 4S. Something to do with Siri sucks the battery down. I find myself charging my 4S before the day is over. My 4 will last pretty much all day on an overnight charge. Siri is pretty much worthless too.

Had my iPhone for over a year with no loss in battery life. You can't replace the battery like you could with the older phones but so far I've not found a problem. The more active you are with it the less battery life you have of course, but even for business use, I've not had any complaints with mine.

I figured you would tell him to get an OBAMA PHONE!!!!

:D :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back