Small/mid-size trucks, best all around

It sounds like you should get a minivan. Not kidding. Cheap. Good on gas, fits all your family, can get awd even. You can even pull a trailer with a 4-wheeler or a small boat.

We were crawling up a jeep trail in Central Wyoming a few years ago. My buddy got a little uptight about the driving conditions. I was in 4Low. Finally, his jabbering got too much for me and I told him “lean your damn head out the window and spot for me. Shut up unless I’m about to hit a rock or a tree“ LOL
That’s exactly why I take my truck. My partners are welcome to take their own or ride with me. I can’t copilot.

It sounds like you should get a minivan. Not kidding. Cheap. Good on gas, fits all your family, can get awd even. You can even pull a trailer with a 4-wheeler or a small boat.
Not any cheaper than the trucks I'm looking at and I don't want a minivan lol

Honest to John, if I didn‘t think my manhood was being challenged a 4wd minivan or Sprinter is better 99% of the time than even a truck.

Well, and honestly, I’m not sure how a CEO would feel about being picked up an a Sprinter Van.

Hey, the vehicle has to do double duty…hauling deer and CEO’s is part of my gig.

Then again, $20 is $20…

We were crawling up a jeep trail in Central Wyoming a few years ago. My buddy got a little uptight about the driving conditions. I was in 4Low. Finally, his jabbering got too much for me and I told him “lean your damn head out the window and spot for me. Shut up unless I’m about to hit a rock or a tree“ LOL
Been there done that in both scenarios. Their are several "oh NOOOOOOOOO!!!handles that have my fingerprints permanently imbedded in them. It's a great time when everyone looks at each and says, "We prolly should've have turned around back there."

Boss man has convinced himself that a Maverick will have enough space to replace the small transit we currently have so he's going to trade the transit in. I'm highly skeptical, but I guess I'll report back my impressions of the Maverick. Hybrid version, BTW.
Welp, this plan has been altered. Lead time on a Maverick is still way too far out so he ordered the F150 first (we needed both an F150 and a transit replacement, he flip-flopped the order). A Maverick is supposedly still going to come to the company but probably not until next Fall if not later.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned but the Maverick is likely going to be a turd in the long run. Ford never does a good job rolling out anything new and they find all sorts of issues.

But most of all I can not fathom why anyone would want a unibody designed truck. The unibody raises all sort of concerns, get it one time in the right twist and a door will never close the correct way. Sorry but if I am getting a truck I want a solid frame, a frame where I can jack from, a frame where I can winch to, a frame where I can weld on accessories, etc. A unibody is just a bad idea in a truck…

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back