Every year when dad and I head out west we take my wife's 2018 F150. When we lived in FL we would leave my wife my dad's truck. Now that we're In TN I've left her my 2000 F250. Last year, the F250 misfired for her the whole time we were gone. Along with other factors (smaller roads, looser steering, etc) I've gotten increasingly uncomfortable with leaving that one behind for her and the kids so I'm looking to upgrade. I've been considering the current batch of small/mid-size pickups like the Maverick, Colorado, etc. What is y'alls opinion for the best all around bang for the buck considering the following?
- Must fit 3 kids comfortably, no car seats, but one teenager.
- 4wd not necessary, but preferred.
- Sub $36K. I don't put enough miles in per year to justify spending too much.
- Preferably newish, say 2019 or better.
- No diesel.
- Creature comforts not super important, but at least cruise control.
- Yes, pickup preferred just for throwing stuff in the back without consideration, including a small Jon boat. And cause I like it lol.