Sitka Gear

A friend of mine has the heated vest(dutch oven) and paid $400 for it. He is a real cold bug, so he claims it was worth it. I guess it's up to the person as whether it was worth it or not.

I have the base layer core shirt - I think underarmor is better

Traverse shirt and bottoms - worth the price. Worn over underarmor it is very warm.

Ascent pants - extremely comfortable. Quite thin so not good for the thick stuff where you can catch a snag.

90% pants - worth the price.

Celsius bibs - worth the price.

Like any gear, you get what you pay for. Generally I think it is worth the price and hard to beat if you match the conditions. I wish it were all waterproof but i guess you can't have everything.

It is an easier pill to swallow if you buy on sale. I got all my stuff either in Cabelas bargain cave or camofire.com

I bought a pair of ascent pants this last season and absolutely loved them.
Bought them off of camofire.com. Good way to get their stuff for half off.

Its great stuff. Don't pay full price. I never have and I own 8 pieces of it.

CAMO FIRE !! Ya it takes a little work checking the web sight but atleast 50 %Off, Just got my 90% jacket for 145.00 +7.50 for shipping

nhy,

I am a world class tight wad and hate parting with my money. With that said, I bit the bullet and purchased the 90% jacket and pants, Celsius vest, Traverse Zip T, and Core Zip T. I am more than pleased with everything. It performed better than I expected and I couldn't ask for anything more. I worked with a dealer and got everything at 30% off and free shipping. Top end gear, but don't pay full price.

Question for you 90% jacket users. How "wet" can the weather be and it still keep you dry?

Another brand, which is a bit cheaper, that looks pretty good is the new stuff from Russell.

Question for you 90% jacket users. How "wet" can the weather be and it still keep you dry?

Another brand, which is a bit cheaper, that looks pretty good is the new stuff from Russell.

I'd look for something else in a downpour. For most of my hunting, the 90% jacket is what I use, but if I expect rain--even a light one--I'll usually bring a rain coat.

I have a complete set by looking for bargains so then it is worth it. You can find some of the mountain mimcry patterns still out there at 50% and it is good. I never would pay retail. My 90% jacket, I wear from September to January (archery through waterfowl) so I say it is worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. Took the plunge on some Optifade Celcius bibs, 90% jacket, traverse T & bottoms, and a core T.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back