Siete & ocho de Mayo....to carry us into the weekend

I'll see your Zep, @RobertD & raise you some Honky Tonk Women.

A strine singing a song by Roy Orbison and made famous by a German/Latina from Tuscon AZ?

I am not sure about being banned for "The Rodeo Song" or Kizz music

but, to post Blue Bayou being sang by anyone but Linda is definitely a suspension possibility o_O;)

however you mentioning the Rodeo Song, did remind me of this. Back in the mid 40's my mother refused to allow 'Bow Legged Woman" to be heard in our home. When it came on, she would turn off the radio. o_O

Some of you gentlemen would have loved Troubadours, Whiskey and the Bear in the early 70's :love: Hell, I would even like to go back in time for one more night at Gilly's:cool:

Peter, Paul, and Mary Where have all the flowers gone ---------------;)

but, to post Blue Bayou being sang by anyone but Linda is definitely a suspension possibility o_O;)

however you mentioning the Rodeo Song, did remind me of this. Back in the mid 40's my mother refused to allow 'Bow Legged Woman" to be heard in our home. When it came on, she would turn off the radio. o_O

Some of you gentlemen would have loved Troubadours, Whiskey and the Bear in the early 70's :love: Hell, I would even like to go back in time for one more night at Gilly's:cool:

Roy Orbison says, 'hold my falsetto'.

gmm19amonamarth-g3F6UyrerbF6sea.jpg

@Europe

April,
I thought you would appreciate a handsome Australian. ;)

Standards (aka "my house, my rules") We were not allowed to watch Laugh In, whom my father referred to as, "A bunch of commies".
Also forbidden was Carol Burnett, his label for her was, "that potty mouthed woman". I don't remember her stuff being that blue, but he had made up his mind about her.

My brother would put Doors and Rolling Stones LPs on the turntable and Pop would yell at him for "brainwashing your younger brother." I guess he did.

In our contracting business, the radio was always country oldies or easy listening. I loved the oldies, but hated the Mantovani Muzak. I would sneak the dial to classic rock and there would be hell to pay.

Dad still loves music. He played ukulele, banjo , and harmonicas. There is no doubt I inherited music appreciation from him.

Here we go for some rock - Mellencamp version of Country... Love the intro! :)

I'm going to put a Linda Ronstadt on @Dave N this weekend in the NASCAR fantasy league.
Blew by you, Dave!😁
Blue Bayou as it was meant to be.....
Bring it on, big boy! ;) As much as you folks give me crap for liking the music that I do, back in my younger days I actually did listen to Linda Ronstadt, Tanya Tucker, Willie and Waylon, and some other stuff. I've just sort of "progressed" into the harder metal for my preferred choice of tunage. Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. It's all good! :cool:

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back