Shoulder pain , and I just drew an 11 pt Archery tag...

2rocky

Over the last 2 weeks I've been getting more and more sharp pain in my right shoulder. i'm sure my roping and archery practice have contributed to it. It has me questioning the wisdom of doing an archery hunt in August....

Plan of attack is see my GP to get a referral to PT and perhaps an MRI.

Seems like a cruel coincidence to draw this tag when I'm iffy on shooting... aggravating as hell...

Get a cortizone shot, then fix the problem after you've punched your tag. I've got an appointment for next week to do the same thing, but it's my bow side not draw side.

Reactions: Hem
I dislocated my shoulder last year and had surgery, one of my shoulder pains during PT recovery was from a pinched nerve in my beck.

Crossbow! Or take a week off and see how it feels. Light exercises and stretching may help. If it persists I'd get PT going and then pain meds!

See your doctor, get to PT and an MRI.
Stay off the pain meds and cortisone.

Pain is your friend if it is a bicep tendon tear or rotator cuff. It will keep you from doing more damage. You don’t want a SLAP tear.

I’m at 5 months from a rotator and bicep repair. There is a whole lot more you can damage in you shoulder so you need to find out what is causing the pain and don’t mask it.

Shoulder surgery recovery sucks.

Good luck. Hope it’s something easy.

You could do PT, also look up shoulder band drills online there are a lot of ones similar to what my PT had me do when i had shoulder pain. My was frozen shoulder, essentially i lost all flexibility in my shoulder and had to regain it all. I used a lot of band work to strengthen and this cheap device from amazon that was a rope through a pulley that went in a doorway. the rope had handles on each end and you could sit and stretch your shoulders back and forth in all directions. The combination worked.

I too am recovering from rotator cuff repair, torn bicep, a SLAP tear, and a bone impingement. I’m 13 weeks out. I am months away from even thinking about doing things like drawing a bow back. Do whatever you can to avoid surgery until after hunting season.

Do PT if they think it will improve condition, get shots as needed, turn down poundage little and suck it up till after season

Go to the DR and see what it is. If it's a tear you're screwed. If it something easy like an inflamed bursa or calcific tendonitis, get the juice and you'll be good to go. Highly unlikely you'll need am mri to get the initial diagnosis.

Back