Caribou Gear Tarp

I drew an archery North Dakota tag !

I threw my name in the draw on a whim this spring and drew the archery any deer tag as well. I hunt whitetails in Manitoba and spend plenty of time on spot and stalk bears and deer in my local area. I'm hunting elk in Idaho in September and plan to stop in ND on the way home to get a few days of deer hunting in as well. Hopefully return in October If unsuccessful. We usually take the I-94 so will be hunting north or south of the interstate. I've been focusing my scouting north more than south of 94 and it appears there really is no end to the "right" type of landscape to hunt. Should a guy focus on finding a water source, hunting close to agriculture lands or find the nastiest stuff you can find? I hike 45 degree Idaho every year so fitness is not a concern. Are the oil and gas roads mainly open to the public? Can a guy pop a tent up just about anywhere in the badlands? Also, OnX for ND worth getting? I have it for idaho but hardly seem to turn it on when im hunting out there. Thanks for the info!

OnX would definitely be worth it. There is a lot of public land but a lot of small or big private parcels that you have to work around. Most of the oil roads are open to the public, but not the small lease roads that split off onto the well pads.

Not sure on camping anywhere but there are a decent amount of primitive campsites around.

I agree on OnX. I am old school, s I also like paper maps. The National Grasslands map is a go to.

What unit are you planning on hunting? I will be scouting elk the 4 weekends before elk season (three weekends before bow opener and the weekend of bow opener) and can help you out if we are in the same areas!

The 4 and a half years I spent up there working in the oil, I found the SW part of the State and badlands to be bad azs for Muleys. I t just takes to long to get drawn. N. D. basickally keeps there tags for locals . What is it 1% for non res. thats a joke. Good Luck to You local archers. I wish they gave 10 % to non Res. but that Statate gov is so Crooked When I lived there I couldn't even ind a Lawyer in the whole State that would take on workers comp. THey are afraid, Cause the state doesn't have Judges , they hire lawyer to be a Judge for each case of everything, So You will never win cause the Judge is a Lawyer working for the State. Never knew anything like this exsisted in AMERICA.. Thus My Son who lived up there and now is in Los Angelis working in Law . Eventually will look into this crap when He gets to Washington. And He will fight for Hunters too. But whats funny is when we were in N. D. the laws and averything was sow different than the rest of the USA. that He nicknamed it the United States Of North Dakota. It isn't Canada but it isn't AMERICA either. Honestly and most of the Men from around America felt the same way. And I not knocking the SW part of the State.Great animals..I even seen Great whitetails. But couldn't hunt em . Drew 2 tags and talk to bunch of Farmers that said Nope. What good is a tag? And Your Senator Heidi. I sat and got drunk with Her and Her Brother Joel Who I kinda like. When they came to Minot they would get hammmered at the Ground Round across from the fairgrounds. I lived a block away and My Son cooked there for awhile. They would brag they are getting paid 3 grand for speaking at the Hotel next door.Hell down her a politicion would get 10k to go speak at least. So in finishing I will say please no more than 1 % of You put in the draw in AZ. to be fair.And we are 83 % public land her , RAndy .Don't Nuke this ,I am just trying to educate Amereica about a State that doesn't Give a darn about the rest of us Hunters or People............Thanks..BOB

one last thing My Son Is a Political Science freak but not a Geek He will be moving to Washington DC. with in 2 years and Dakota politicians Beware. He is way Smarter an ASU grad and will look into threir crap. I will be retired and will go up there and lobby too Because of how I got srewed up there. Watch out Heidi ,,,HA HA..........BOB!

one last thing My Son Is a Political Science freak but not a Geek He will be moving to Washington DC. with in 2 years and Dakota politicians Beware. He is way Smarter an ASU grad and will look into threir crap. I will be retired and will go up there and lobby too Because of how I got srewed up there. Watch out Heidi ,,,HA HA..........BOB!
Old man Bob get a life! Find something better! I as a resident waits 6-8 years for a tag. We aren’t all that scared of your son, if he is anything like you:)

Back