Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Should Have Bought A Tundra

Hmmmm...fact check? Where are Tundras built, and what citizens are building them?
Asking for a friend.

That you brought a lawsuit doesn't surprise me. mtmuley

THAT guy. mtmuley

Won it too...easy as pie, with 11k with repair receipts in my hand in just over three years of ownership

That you be that guy that would take that on the chin, doesn't surprise me. Trial

Won it too...easy as pie, with 11k with repair receipts in ymy hand in just over two years of ownership.

That you be that guy that would take that on the chin, doesn't surprise me. Trial
I'm out. If I don't stop now, I'll get banned. mtmuley

From cars.com
"Many people want to support local manufacturing by buying American, but in practice, that process can be far more complicated than picking out your favorite pickup truck option from the Big Three. The automotive industry is a complex international web of factories and suppliers. Ford, GM, and FCA produce many components, if not entire cars overseas, so-called foreign manufacturers like Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen, on the other hand, build vehicles in America for the American market.

How do you find vehicles that are actually American-made? Cars.com did the research for you, compiling its Most American Made Vehicles list for 2020 by using a complex calculus that considers the amount of U.S-sourced parts and the location of assembly, among other factors. Four of the top 10 came from an American brand that is not among the Big Three. Ironically enough, the most American made full-size truck is the Toyota Tundra, and it’s the only full-size truck to appear in the top 40."

It is interesting how fired up some folks get about this. I have always been kind of a Ford guy and have had decent luck with them. I bought an F150 new in 2004 and it is still going strong for my son. Haven't had too many issues other than spending a couple grand over the years I suppose. It has close to 200K on it now. I currently have an 08 F250 with the 6.4 diesel. Not my favorite but it hasn't been too bad. I am kind of looking for something newer now and am open to anything and will do some research. My 2 other boys have newer Tacomas and like them just fine although both wish they would have just bought a full size Tundra.

My last two GMC trucks were made in Mexico. Both exceeded my expectations on reliability. I take exceptional care of my trucks, at least mechanically, never miss a scheduled maintenance, and fix small issues immediately.

I doubt there’s a ton of difference in reliability between Chevy, Ram, GMC (same as Chevy), Ford, Nissan, Toyota IF taken care of properly, and not driven like it’s stolen.

I also don’t think you “need” a truck to hunt. Done plenty with cars, I used to put two deer in the trunk of a family car before I had money to invest in a truck.

From cars.com
"Many people want to support local manufacturing by buying American, but in practice, that process can be far more complicated than picking out your favorite pickup truck option from the Big Three. The automotive industry is a complex international web of factories and suppliers. Ford, GM, and FCA produce many components, if not entire cars overseas, so-called foreign manufacturers like Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen, on the other hand, build vehicles in America for the American market.

How do you find vehicles that are actually American-made? Cars.com did the research for you, compiling its Most American Made Vehicles list for 2020 by using a complex calculus that considers the amount of U.S-sourced parts and the location of assembly, among other factors. Four of the top 10 came from an American brand that is not among the Big Three. Ironically enough, the most American made full-size truck is the Toyota Tundra, and it’s the only full-size truck to appear in the top 40."

It's great to support other Americans.

It is interesting how fired up some folks get about this. I have always been kind of a Ford guy and have had decent luck with them. I bought an F150 new in 2004 and it is still going strong for my son. Haven't had too many issues other than spending a couple grand over the years I suppose. It has close to 200K on it now. I currently have an 08 F250 with the 6.4 diesel. Not my favorite but it hasn't been too bad. I am kind of looking for something newer now and am open to anything and will do some research. My 2 other boys have newer Tacomas and like them just fine although both wish they would have just bought a full size Tundra.
I spend some time on a Tundra forum. I’ve learned a couple of things there. 1) folks spend an insane amount of money to make their pickup look cool and 2) folks only look at Max tow capacity and not max payload. Then, they’re pissed to learn their half ton Tundra won’t legally tow a 30’ toy hauler because they are way over max payload.

Reactions: JEL
What year FJ? I own a 2012 and use it mostly for hunting...thing is a tank, but I don’t dare go far without my 5 ga jerry. Was able to fit 10 days worth of backpacking gear, food, water and haul a 6x6 bull out in Sep. Head was on the roof of course, but still...
I have a 2013 FJ. My everyday and hunting vehicle. Last year I left home October 8 and came back Nov 2. One WY buck and one CO buck in the cooler. Solo backpack hunted both with a 1st rifle CO elk at the start but that tag came home with me. Love my FJ - it will go damn near everywhere.

In an effort to put things in perspective.
It would be a dull world if we were all the same. So what if I like blue socks and the next guy likes green.
Pink might raise an eyebrow.:)

I spend some time on a Tundra forum. I’ve learned a couple of things there. 1) folks spend an insane amount of money to make their pickup look cool....
Mostly just folks on a Tundra forum.....and TX/UT pavement pounders. 😃

Mostly just folks on a Tundra forum.....and TX/UT pavement pounders. 😃
I'm not sure which is more entertaining:

1) Which caliber rifle or
2) How do I get better mileage in my Tundra (p.s. it has a 4" lift and 35x12.50" Ridge Grapplers)

I spend some time on a Tundra forum. I’ve learned a couple of things there. 1) folks spend an insane amount of money to make their pickup look cool and 2) folks only look at Max tow capacity and not max payload. Then, they’re pissed to learn their half ton Tundra won’t legally tow a 30’ toy hauler because they are way over max payload.
My boys Tacomas do look cool!😆 In all fairness they use this heck out of them for hunting, fishing, sleeping, etc.

My company vehicle is a 2019 Silverado 1500.

My friend just bought a 2021 Ford F-350.

I swear that Ford 1 ton rides considerably smoother

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back