Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Should Have Bought A Tundra

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/toyota-dominates-list-longest-lasting-models-your-toyota-list

"Automakers like GM, Ford, and RAM spar over whose trucks last the longest. At least as far as this study goes, the answer is Toyota's Tundra!"

I'm giddy with anticipation for the American truck apologists responses 😁

It all depends on what your priorities are I guess. During my research, I kept coming back to Toyota's reliability ratings time and again. I'm not willing to drop 50 grand on a truck, only to drive it 3-5 years. I want the confidence I can buy a truck with 80k on the odometer and be able to drive it for 10-15 years. I can upgrade suspension. Hell, I can add lockers if necessary.

It's a lot of money and people need to spend it on what they're comfortable buying. All vehicles have their quirks, and anyone who says otherwise is absolutely full of shit. Drive what makes you happy.

They can spar all they want over the longest lasting. F150, silverado, and ram in that order are still the best selling vehicles every year. That's vehicles not just trucks. They must get from point A to point B pretty good.
To each their own like JLS said drive what makes you happy, But this argument with today's technology is just pointless.
Tundra sells so badly there is talk of discontinuing the truck. I like tundras but when it comes to sales they dont have a leg to stand on. They just cant crack the American full size pickup nut.

Just what I've heard. They completely redesigned the truck for 2020 with big changes. So I speculate this also.

My 1985 Toyota never fails me. Used daily. 165k on the odometer.
My 2008 Dodge 3500 has the same mileage and it's been a good truck from the start, too.

They can spar all they want over the longest lasting. F150, silverado, and ram in that order are still the best selling vehicles every year. That's vehicles not just trucks. They must get from point A to point B pretty good.
To each their own like JLS said drive what makes you happy, But this argument with today's technology is just pointless.

Yeah, what the heck does that have to do with anything?! I mean, I don't care how long my truck lasts as long as I look bitchin' in it and can trade it in for a huge loss in 3-4 years :ROFLMAO:

I don't even factor new sales numbers into my decision. I look at reliability and resale value for numbers. Just because a lot of people drive them doesn't mean it's a good choice.

Yeah, what the heck does that have to do with anything?! I mean, I don't care how long my truck lasts as long as I look bitchin' in it and can trade it in for a huge loss in 3-4 years :ROFLMAO:
My dad's never traded for a loss in 35 years. Maybe your doing it wrong.

The 2020 truck is on lots now and is the same model that's been out for 13 years.

I don't understand why we need to speak in hyperbole in the age of information. I'm seeing this all the time lately and it's driving me nuts.
Sorry 2021...and the current model is from 2016 not 13 years ago.

Sorry 2021...and the current model is from 2016 not 13 years ago.
Actually, the 3rd generation is considered 2014 to present. Absent a different transfer case, the 5.7L engine and drive train have not changed since 2007. The 4.7L engine was slightly redesigned to a 4.6L in 2010, and the timing belt changed to a timing chain. Other than that, the only changes have been to the body and the interior.

I drive a Tundra, not worried about it...
I have had chevy trucks and 4runners.
99 S10. 99 4runner
04 silverado. 06 4runner
09 silverado. 19 4runner

None of them have been more reliable than the other. Like I said pointless argument. Nothing anybody can say will convince me your truck is better because.....its all about personal comfort and brand loyalty.

Actually, the 3rd generation is considered 2014 to present. Absent a different transfer case, the 5.7L engine and drive train have not changed since 2007. The 4.7L engine was slightly redesigned to a 4.6L in 2010, and the timing belt changed to a timing chain. Other than that, the only changes have been to the body and the interior.
Ur correct the last major model change was 2014. Tacoma was 2016.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back