Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

“Shoot the 28 gauge” they said. “You’ll be fine” they said.

A207X2

I’ve got a torn bicep tendon, torn rotator cuff, and torn labrum in my left (shooting) shoulder. Surgery will be in December when I get back home. Needless to say I’m not shooting anything - haven’t been for a couple of months. It’s driving me crazy.

Today a friend of mine comes over and he says he’s thinking of getting a 28 gauge shotgun for his younger daughter. My wife has a 28 gauge that she likes to shoot, so I offered to let him try it. I grab the gun and a couple of boxes of ammunition. We go to his home and he shoots it, and loves it. “Here, shoot a couple. It’s only a 28 gauge“. My wife is encouraging this because she knows how miserable I’ve been. Six of the eight good brain cells in my head are screaming “bad idea”, but the other two remaining cells (along with my wife and buddy) win the day. So I load it up (pulled the plug so I could shoot 4+1) and fire all five off.

Immediately the six good brain cells respond with “WTF were you thinking?” The remaining two decide to leave the crime scene red-faced.

I am now sitting in the recliner with a bag of frozen peas on my shoulder.

Last edited:
Should have just grabbed the 10 gauge instead. Then they could have just sewed your arm back on or replaced it instead of making the scheduled repairs.

Speaking from experience, make dang certain whoever is doing the cutting is top notch; wherever you go for PT afterwards is the best you can get and does not force you to meet their progression goals but your own pace. Went through this same repair in 2016 and it still hurts to this day (labrum torn again and rotator cuff is basically a wallowed out piece of meat.

@/sw when you are ready for a world class surgeon: David Schneider, MD Panorama/Ortho Colorado (Golden CO is the main clinic/hospital)

I might be biased as he is my younger brother, but he indeed is known worldwide for shoulder and elbow surgery.

@/sw when you are ready for a world class surgeon: David Schneider, MD Panorama/Ortho Colorado (Golden CO is the main clinic/hospital)

I might be biased as he is my younger brother, but he indeed is known worldwide for shoulder and elbow surgery.
Thanks, I was set-up with a surgeon in Boca Raton but moved to Arizona before his schedule opened up. Definitely at the point of "have injury will travel" lol!

My guy is the orthopedic surgeon for the Minnesota Twins down here in Ft. Myers. I had the exact same surgery 13 years ago by him. When my wife fractured her two shoulders (2 years apart) I had her go to him. We’re sitting in the waiting room and she asks me “You sure this guy is good?” I pointed out all the various signed jerseys that he has framed all around the place and told her “these guys don’t come to him because he’s In-Network“.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back