Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Shiras Down!

Breaks Runner

moosehunt9-15-10023.jpg

Just returned from hunting moose with my younger brother and good friend who both drew the same unit in SW Montana. My brother took this bull at daylight on opening morning with a .300WSM at 140 meters.

moosehunt9-15-10036.jpg

We ended up with 425 pounds of boned meat.

moosehunt9-15-10050.jpg

The three of us made two trips each(six backpack loads)....it was an easy one, only 1.5 miles each way.

My bud Jake did all of the scouting and we owe him a big thanks. Greenhorn also passed on some great tips as well as he knew the area well. Jake is holding out for a B&C bull.

moosehunt9-15-10057.jpg

We got in tight on this bull and let him go...

wow looks like a great way to spend a day with friends and family congrats hope I can find a nice MN bull in a couple of weeks

That sounds like a lot of (fun) work. Congrats to your brother. I hope we see a photo of Jake's booner.

That rifle looks heavy. No Montana Sling?

Sweet bull. The moose hunt I went on last year with my buddy who drew a tag over this way was one of the neatest hunting experiences I've ever been a part of. Congrats.

CH, No moose permit for me....I did draw one in 1977 and it went unfilled. I had spotted a large bull before the season and hunted for him the entire season and never found him.

Sure is fun to tag along on these hunts and just help out.

Back