Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Shelter-in-place cooking

Will do!! Carbon steel it is then.
Best of luck. Be brave and mess up a few batches! The one key thing I've found making Risotto (which I make more often than Paella) is that the flavoring of the broth is key. Too little salt and the end result is bland and it's pretty hard to get it back in the final prep/serving.

Already been searching to see if Bezos could send me one! lol. Lid or no lid? The Le Creuset enameled cast iron looks awesome, just not sure I'd spend that much. Probably go with a carbon steel one as I'd like to use it over the grill as well as the gas stove/burner.

They usually get cooked uncovered, but if you’re using a kind of uneven heat, a vented lid will help it cook more evenly. Otherwise the traditional cooks just keep moving it around on the heat source to distribute the heat to all parts.

I should have taken a pic I know > Southern Bighorn Mt elk steak on the grill and sweet potatoes & broccoli was last nights dinner. Tonight's will be soysauce/ginger/garlic/Brown sugar marinated salmon & wild rice. I am getting hungry now!

WT buck shoulder. Trimmed tallow off. 250 degrees for 12 hours in the turkey roaster. 1 carton beef broth, 3 bay leaves, 1/3 yellow onion sliced thin, 1t minced garlic, 2t kosher salt, 1t ground black pepper, 1/4t cayenne, 2t ground mustard.

Shred finished roast, and eat in flour tortilla with sour cream and salsa.

17A06780-C2A4-466D-A3ED-3B5C7F6C7366.jpeg

Monday night's dinner - went with a Moose roast (off the front shoulder). Made a quick sauce that was just some Buffalo demi-glace and butter.

H9ynFwI.jpg

Tuesday were taco's for the kids (no pictures).

Last night was left-over Moose - but I just sliced it thin and left it cold. Then made some Risotto using the Buffalo demi-glace.

LfFGwfj.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back