Shelter-in-place cooking

I made another attempt on making bread in my dutch oven. This one turnout much better.
I increased the salt from 1/4 tspn to 3/4 tspn and added 1/8 tspn of baking powder. The flavor is excellent and it is a little less dense.
I think I have found a keeper recipe and it's simple and easy enough to make while hunting or camping.
0509201549-00.jpg

I made another attempt on making bread in my dutch oven. This one turnout much better.
I increased the salt from 1/4 tspn to 3/4 tspn and added 1/8 tspn of baking powder. The flavor is excellent and it is a little less dense.
A little fresh rosemary sprinkled over the dough ball before baking would add some nice flavor as well.

Not sure what to call this. Cleaned out the fridge. Sauteed some zucchini and squash, added mushrooms, green peppers and onions. Added some leftover elk steaks cut into tips and some fake crab meat and penne pasta and put it in the oven with lots of butter and garlic. Let it cook about a half hour to get everything warmed through.

Attachments

• KIMG0532.JPG
    KIMG0532.JPG
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not sure what to call this. Cleaned out the fridge. Sauteed some zucchini and squash, added mushrooms, green peppers and onions. Added some leftover elk steaks cut into tips and some fake crab meat and penne pasta and put it in the oven with lots of butter and garlic. Let it cook about a half hour to get everything warmed through. After about a half hour it was done in the air fryer.
Sounds awesome.

Lots of things on tap, been cutting, grinding, and packaging for two days. I haven even unpacked the truck yet. Four pots of stock done as well.

I think I'd rather break down an elk as opposed to a couple of hogs, just easier with bigger chunks and not greasy fat.

IMG_20200511_203115_MP.jpg

IMG_20200511_203407.jpg

IMG_20200512_192636_260.jpg

Got one that was "fun size" too, it's in a cure and I'm going to "ham" the whole thing. If nothing else, it'll be a good hock for stock or a soup.

IMG_20200512_090548.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back