Shelter-in-place cooking

Last of the Deer backstrap from last year with some roasted cauliflower and salad. Deer was roasted in the oven at 350 until it hit 125. Rested and a butter/ginger basting.

XvEFRuv.jpg

@Gr8bawana Be careful adding more salt. It will act against the yeast and give you a bad result. It happened to me. Both sugar and salt with effect the yeast. Instead add some parm cheese for salt, or go with some Mrs Dash seasonings. You don't want to add straight salt to it. I have a similar recipe to what you probably used and it is really yummy with herbs added to it.

Last edited:
@Gr8bawana Be careful adding more salt. It will act against the yeast and give you a bad result. It happened to me. Both sugar and salt with effect the yeast. Instead add some parm cheese for salt, or go with some Mrs Dash seasonings. You don't want to add straight salt to it. I have a similar recipe to what you probably used and it is really yummy with herbs added to it.
Yup, too much salt will kill the yeast. I still use straight salt, just not a ton. Salt is impotant for the chew and texture.

Back