Sheep show 2020

shortbus

Next week I will be attending the wild sheep show in Reno for the first time. To anyone who has been to it before is there some must see, or must do's? Specific raffles or drawings to enter? I will be going to help my brother in law who is a vendor. I definitely am not a high roller and have a limited budget. But I was hoping for some insight as to the best places to direct my funds and attention?!

The raffles are hard to beat. If you are coming over early there are events thurs and Friday, to include the <1 drawing. Saturday is just like every other trade show. Big fin attended last year don't know if he'll be there this year.

Definitely attend the <1 social and make sure you are in for the Billy Goat Society as well. The indoor backpack race is entertaining on Friday night. It’s a good time for sure!

A must is to join both WSF and <1 club I think $45 to join WSF and $20 for <1. The less than one is Friday at 4pm. They give away three sheep hunts to less the one and one to international less than 1. The auctions after dinner Friday and Saturday are a must see. To watch folks bid 1-2-300,000 dollars on a sheep hunt is amazing. It’s held in the grand ballroom in the Peppermill. Lots of great things to see, try on whatever. And yes I’ll be there.

Lots of raffles on the exhibit room floor including rocky, Stone, ibex, goat and bear, plus 4 <1 raffles for NAmerican sheep, 3 <1international raffles for ibex and tahr.

For the <1 drawing one is an in person drawing and one goes to any member right?

For the <1 drawing one is an in person drawing and one goes to any member right?
4. Four sheep hunts and (3) prize packages will be given away! <1 Club Members will be entered into a drawing for Dall’s sheep hunt with Alaskan Hunting Expeditions, Alaska Outfitters Unlimited and the rest are TBD. The first three hunt winners will also receive a SAAM’s Precision Level One Rifle Training program with FTW Outfitters in Texas, a pedestal mount from one of the following taxidermists: Joe Zweifel of Wildlife Revolutions, Chris Cammack of Brush Country Studios, and Dawayne Dewey of Dewey Wildlife Studios and a replica of their trophy by WYO Backcountry Décor (Shipping of the pedestal mounts and replicas are the responsibility of the hunt winners.) To ensure that each hunt is fully equipped with the best, each hunt winner will also receive a clothing and gear package including head to toe Sitka Gear clothing, Kenetrek boots, Leupold optics, a Mystery Ranch backpack, MTN OPS Supplements and OnXMaps mobile device maps. Each hunt winner will also receive a $500 travel credit donated by Washington WSF.

5. First drawn will receive choice of hunt and pedestal mount and NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. Second drawn receives second choice of hunt and pedestal mount and MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Third drawn receives the remaining hunt and pedestal mount and also MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Fourth hunt will be drawn on stage at the Friday Legacy Night Banquet NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. Winners are eligible for one prize per year only. Travel to and from sheep hunts and shooting school is responsibility of the winners. Shipment of mounts and replicas is also responsibility of the winners.

Shortbus- Here's a tip make sure you find other like minded folks and pool you raffle ticket money to the max allowable amount that will get you the most tickets for you money. Your money will go further and you have more tickets to place in the bins.

Thanks for the info everyone! Some good ideas for sure. I will be at the banquets and auctions. Its always entertaining to see other people spend big money. The raffles are probably the only way I will ever have a chance at sheep hunting in my life! If anybody wants to swing by I will be helping my brother in law in booth 475 Buffalo Brand Leather.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back