She was out late....

mtmiller

...around November 11.:D

Not a very good picture, but here is the first deer fawn I have seen this year (yesterday). I am guessing just a couple hours old.

18286947096_7593b54314_b.jpg

I think the whitetails here have started. I've noticed some hanging in one spot all day. I hope they keep the little buggers out of the hayfields! Nothing makes me feel like a lowlife like running over one. Two years ago I saw one by luck and was anle to mow around it. The field looked stupid with a circle of grass left along the one side, but it saved one.

I saw an elk calf yesterday evening, and some antelope fawns on the way to the mountains.

Here is a picture through my spotting scope

Attachments

• Cow Calf.jpg
    Cow Calf.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 591
I have a few mule deer does hanging out in the back corner of our place--- My guess is they will be dropping anyday or have just dropped as well.

I think the whitetails here have started. I've noticed some hanging in one spot all day. I hope they keep the little buggers out of the hayfields!

I have a doe hanging out in my front field. Pretty sure she's got one hid. There's usually one or two each year. She's never very far away and comes snortin around when the dog or I get close to where the little one must be.
The neighbor that mows my hay always waits a few extra weeks.
A small bear passed through the other morning and the doe about had a fit!
Neat time of year.

Just saw my 1st on Saturday. Couldn't even stand for more than 3-4 seconds and then laid down.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back