Sharing duck blind with a vet

What Map

I have gotten to know fellow Hunt-Talker Curtis Mullin during the past few months. Although he has not mentioned it on this blog, he said it would be okay if I shared with you that he served with distinction in the Army for eight years with 2 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is married to Cassie and they have two beautiful young children, Cali and Caden. He is finishing his degree in business and flight training for a commercial license. He will continue after graduation to get his helicopter rating.
He had never been duck hunting but expressed an interest. So I was honored to share my blind on public water with this Vet. I picked him up at 5:00 (Mountain savings time) and we sat out three dozen decoys by shooting time. I let him take the first shot on all ducks and we had a ball. We finally got a limit for one of us and a couple of geese who chose the wrong flight path.
We were able to repeat the hunt again last week. This time we started to shoot at the same time.
It was a pleasure to repay and provide a little recreation to one of our soldiers. Here are some pics from our hunts.
Don’t forget to thank the vets in your life on their day Monday November 11.

131030_0004.jpg

131030_0002.jpg

Photo169.jpg

Last edited:
Dam! Way cool! Thanks for posting this up as a reminder, even though I am a vet myself, we get carried up in our own family STUFF and forget the others.

Very cool, thumbs up to you and thank you Curtis for your service.

Congrats to Curtis!! WhatMap, as a Vet that has been the beneficiary of being welcomed into a hunt under similar circumstances I want to reinforce what a great thing this is and thank you for sharing. Outdoor pursuits are great outlets for many of us vets and it means a TON when folks want to share as a means of thanks. Big smilles all around!!!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back