Sh*t our wives do...

and that club is both sexes. I swear I have seen guys drilling in reverse, saw blades on backwards,...but they were quick in the office. LOL

Anybody that hasn't tried to drill in reverse or put a sawblade on backwards - well, hasn't use tools very much. Probably the same guys that ever wounded a deer or missed a pheasant.

I put a chainsaw blade on backwards once, and I've put them on many hundreds of times. I'll probably do it again too.

Anybody that hasn't tried to drill in reverse or put a sawblade on backwards - well, hasn't use tools very much. Probably the same guys that ever wounded a deer or missed a pheasant.

I put a chainsaw blade on backwards once, and I've put them on many hundreds of times. I'll probably do it again too.
Yeah but these guys would do it constantly.

My old skil saw broke about a year ago and I threw it away. Haven’t needed one, so I haven’t bought one.

My wife has decided she wants to build raised garden beds. We went to Lowes yesterday and bought wood.
I went to put a skil saw in the cart and she was adamantly against it. Insists that she wants to do it by hand. I told her the only hand saw I have is an old gerber hunting saw with two edges, one for bone and one for wood. She said that’s fine.

Today she intends to make 16 cuts through 4x4 and 8 cuts through 2x10 wood.
I’m sure I’ll be buying a skil saw this evening but will be highly impressed if not.
If you don't buy a skil saw, you are going to need something for blisters.

She got them cut. They aren’t perfectly square, it wasn’t fast and she did get a blister but she got it done.

Today, with a little guidance, she screwed everything together. I must say I’m impressed.
I’m also glad the handsaw/skil saw logic didn’t carry over to screw driver choices. The coordless dewalt was chosen over the manual kind.

She got them cut. They aren’t perfectly square, it wasn’t fast and she did get a blister but she got it done.

Today, with a little guidance, she screwed everything together. I must say I’m impressed.
I’m also glad the handsaw/skil saw logic didn’t carry over to screw driver choices. The coordless dewalt was chosen over the manual kind.
Now you’re in trouble. The next project that you tackle that involves cutting boards she’ll be able to proudly say “If I can do it, you can do it.”

I ordered a set of bibs from first Lite on one of their sales, because my regular set up was t quite warm enough, naturally they get here in size M. This ol boy ain't been an 'M' in a WHILE. No matter, by the time I sent the email requesting a return form I no longer had bibs to return.Screenshot_20220210-080703_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220210-080700_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220210-080700_Photos.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 53
Me: Babe can you grab me a Phillips screw driver out of the drawer in the kitchen?
Wife: Sure, you want the plus or minus?

Reminded me of mine when we first met, was building a deck and had a couple of Makita (battery) drivers on the end plus a handful of screwdrivers.
I needed to start a screw in a tight spot and asked the then GF “could you hand me a Phillips?” She picked up one of the Makitas and I said “no, manual”…to which she responds “they make a manual for a screwdriver, that’s stupid!” 🤦🏼

Defense of the ladies.

As a drywall contractor who specializes in smaller jobs I am always so much happier when the lady calls.

Every call I've ever gotten on a remodel or basement from the dude starts with "I've done drywall, I just don't have time" Or, the worst, "I started the taping......"

Always hard to explain to the wife that her husband "helping" me by starting cost her double because I have to tear out what they did.

Never had a lady "start" anything. Nor spend 20 min telling me about that one wall they hung years ago.

They always tell me what they want, and when it needs to be done.

I'm assuming mechanics feel the same

Defense of the ladies.

As a drywall contractor who specializes in smaller jobs I am always so much happier when the lady calls.

Every call I've ever gotten on a remodel or basement from the dude starts with "I've done drywall, I just don't have time" Or, the worst, "I started the taping......"

Always hard to explain to the wife that her husband "helping" me by starting cost her double because I have to tear out what they did.

Never had a lady "start" anything. Nor spend 20 min telling me about that one wall they hung years ago.

You’d love working on my house, I don’t even own a power tool.

Defense of the ladies.

you need to post more often

You’d love working on my house, I don’t even own a power tool.
my kind of man, let someone else fix it, we ( me and you ) have things to---- do, see, taste, enjoy,----;)

Me: Babe can you grab me a Phillips screw driver out of the drawer in the kitchen?
Wife: Sure, you want the plus or minus?
OMG IM a general contractor and had to think on this for a second NEVER heard plus or minus lmao

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back