Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sh*t our wives do...

Putting knives in the dishwasher, sharp side up, in the silverware compartments. It’s bad enough they are in the dishwasher to begin with, but then you risk stitches every time you reach in there.
I had to replace my two hand made Japanese knives with some plastic handle knives until she learned how to care for them. No submerged soaking, dishwasher or prying. I’m happy to get her cheap knives if she wants, but good ones get ruined if not cared for. All is good now.

Earlier this evening my wife excitedly told me that she’s figured out what she wants to do for her 40th birthday, which will be this upcoming October.

Her: “I want to have a big dance party!”

Me: “So like a big party with dancing?”

Her: “No, a big dance party.”

Me, worried and confused: “I don’t know what that means…”

Her: “A f*#%ing dance party!”

Me: …

My old skil saw broke about a year ago and I threw it away. Haven’t needed one, so I haven’t bought one.

My wife has decided she wants to build raised garden beds. We went to Lowes yesterday and bought wood.
I went to put a skil saw in the cart and she was adamantly against it. Insists that she wants to do it by hand. I told her the only hand saw I have is an old gerber hunting saw with two edges, one for bone and one for wood. She said that’s fine.

Today she intends to make 16 cuts through 4x4 and 8 cuts through 2x10 wood.
I’m sure I’ll be buying a skil saw this evening but will be highly impressed if not.

My old skil saw broke about a year ago and I threw it away. Haven’t needed one, so I haven’t bought one.

My wife has decided she wants to build raised garden beds. We went to Lowes yesterday and bought wood.
I went to put a skil saw in the cart and she was adamantly against it. Insists that she wants to do it by hand. I told her the only hand saw I have is an old gerber hunting saw with two edges, one for bone and one for wood. She said that’s fine.

I’m sure I’ll be buying a skil saw this evening but will be highly impressed if not.
You'd better break out the Ibuprofen and the favorite wine (whine).

I would appreciate an uncensored play-by-play. Something along the lines of the marmot threads.

With a brief search I couldn’t find the gerber saw. I’m tied to my PC for work so dont have time to find it in my hunting totes.

Told her to go to Ace and BUY A SKIL SAW. I never heard the garage door open so on a break I go out there and she’s 3 inches into a 2x10 with a hack saw.
“This thing sucks”

Yeah, that’s because it’s made for cutting metal. Go buy a skil saw.

Returns from store with this

This woman is extremely intelligent and just competed a medical doctorate with straight A’s while working full time.
However….

With a brief search I couldn’t find the gerber saw. I’m tied to my PC for work so dont have time to find it in my hunting totes.

Told her to go to Ace and BUY A SKIL SAW. I never heard the garage door open so on a break I go out there and she’s 3 inches into a 2x10 with a hack saw.
“This thing sucks”

Yeah, that’s because it’s made for cutting metal. Go buy a skil saw.

Returns from store with this

This woman is extremely intelligent and just competed a medical doctorate with straight A’s while working full time.
However….
What ever you do, don't jump in and help her. She'll learn. Eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back