Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

SFW wants AZ tags

No way is Peay going to pull this off here. They used the emergency clause to try to sneak it by and all hell broke loose. He was also for Taulman way back when then flipped as soon as the heat got turned up. Peay got a big black eye here from this one.

That should tell you everything you need to know about the bill! The emergency clause keeps the public from addressing it, no? Pretty damn shady right there.

I really haven't nothing against auction/raffle tags as long as the money goes to habitat/restocking/access projects. But I don't see where in the bill those projects are a priority.

As was mentioned earlier, in politically correct circles, "redrafting" is code for "I would rather wipe my @ss with this piece of paper than sign on to this piece of garbage".

Legislators are "good old boys" for the most part and generally prefer to support each other. (Unless the constituents help them see differently) Looks like the constituents and tag applicants have won,,,,, this round.

The bill is officially dead. Weiers met with all the groups last night and said he killed the bill forever. Said he was shocked by the hundreds of emails and calls and that some were threatening and ugly. I think Peay and his group will be done in this state now. Might be the best thing that could happen having this bill sneaked. One guy in Tucson tipped off the bill on cousewhitetail and all hell broke loose. Reminds me of the USO mess and how heated that one was.

Been following this one closely, and apparently the comments sent in by a bunch of concerned hunters did the trick. Glad to see it.

I just wish more would do so in a professional manner....threatening and ugly emails/calls are not the right way to get it done.

Of course, his idea of "threatening" may very be that people told him they would vote his butt out of office if he passed this thing. If thats the case, yeah, goes with the territory.

On the other hand, I hope no sportsmen made a real threat of any kind, thats just lame.

Pretty easy to get your point across with just the pure facts.

I am sure some did but I bet the majority were just like us and told him the history of SFW and how the USO mess created a hundred thousand upset hunters. He is a politician and can see a big liablility in a normally low turnout election if he ticks off thousands of people. Anyway thanks to all that wrote or called him.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back