Sell me a rain jacket

Truth be told I can't remember the last time I've broken the seal of a bottle of amber spirits after a hunt...I've transported with ambitious anticipation but for some reasons it didn't happen. FWIW Ben scotch and my taste buds are diametrically opposed although big brother kept the family's consumption average up.

...now back to raincoats, carry on.

Is there an inverse relationship emerging here? The better the beverage, the less relevant the raincoat, eh?

In my imbibing days, pheasant hunting lubricants came in aggregates of 12 or 24. Once I recall a big aluminum barrel. But hey, I'm just a walker, not a blocker.

Our guide (farmer who points to what field we can hunt) usually offers Busch Light while birds are cleaned in the gut shack, so there is a degree of refinement to the whole affair.

The 10 or the 12 year old Glenmoranige? PErsonally, it's tough to beat their 18, but when in Rome, I suppose.

Bourbon snobs should remember that good bourbon doesn't need crystal in the field. That's reserved for camp. A sterling silver flask is the only appropriate field utensil for imbibing. You are outdoorsing, afterall.
Ha, your president has slapped a huge 25% tariff on Scotch coming over the pond, if you have any left treasure it!
I used to drink the stuff, but drank too much one Christmas and I have never touched it since!
Cheers
Richard

Ha, your president has slapped a huge 25% tariff on Scotch coming over the pond, if you have any left treasure it!
I used to drink the stuff, but drank too much one Christmas and I have never touched it since!
Cheers
Richard
Truth be told I'm a Talisker guy and the price tag last time I went to the store made me do a double take... just gonna have to wait till the next time I go through duty free.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back