Seeth and his better half's 2023 outdoor adventures

Here goes, checked in with AK air, truck is packed and about as ready as can be. It's a crazy mix of emotions that is hard to describe. It's this mix of excitement with equal parts nervousness and anxiety. I'm well aware that this isn't an adventure for the faint of heart yet its that same thing which should make this trip so memorable and rewarding regardless of the outcome.

Ok this isn't that bad since my transport just informed me we are postponed until Sunday morning due to this typhoon hitting. I guess I'd rather be stuck in airports and now likely a hotel for a night rather than being out there in pure misery with 50mph winds forecasted and lots of rain

My family just west of the twin cities showed some pictures of that storm as it was rolling through. Pretty crazy how dark it got!

Just landed in Anchorage and got some good news from the transporter. He said that the heavy winds hit last night and have been subsiding since 6am. He thinks that when we land at 2pm we should head out right away. I don't think we will have time to get to our planned camp spot tonight by dark but we will see. Might need to camp one night at a closer spot to the landing.

A local at the bar last night goes "I see you got the Kodiak Handshake real good from her."

With a confused, the guy pointed to the back of my hands.

20231008_073934.jpg

"Well, did she give you anything else? She is usually pretty generous after giving her strong greeting"

Yes, yes she sure did.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back