Yeti GOBOX Collection

Seeth and his better half's 2023 outdoor adventures

And hopefully you are more like Regina and not like Meadow lake lol
Lol I’m more meadow lake. I can find eyes but no perch here. My favourite time to ice fish walleye is late march when they move shallow. Jump from hole to hole fishing in 3-10’ of water

We got 100 packed last night. I'm hiking in with 58.6# all in not including my worn clothes for hiking and not including 2 water bottles and their full weight. My wife's at 47.4#. It has 3 days of food. Hope is we are packing some deer meat down to the beach and can then bring back up the remaining 6 days of food. Hiking straight up and thru rainforest vegatation hell should be amazing with those packs on. Yippee

It is Hornady HORN, 180gr .308. This is the only place that has them right now and I will absolutely not order from here as I've had bad experiences in the past with them:

Sadly I might need to try and find something new that the gun likes as I'm not a reloader. I have tested about 10 different heavy grain loads for my hunting with it and by and far this was the best performer.
Found 4 boxes of ammo and only 42 per!

Shot a box up this weekend practicing out to 375 yards. If I'm prone and steady, that 375 is no problem. Sitting or leaning against a tree and I can hit the 6 inch plate at 200 every time. I'm ready!

TOO CLOSE. She was drawn back for over 2 minutes and each time she would pick out one of the 12 to shoot, there was another turkey behind or in front of it. At one point she said she probably could of shot 5 in one shot. Finally at the end of her draw time, she realized that she was no longer steady enough and let go her draw and they semi spooked from her doing so and ran out to 20 yards and then slowly walked away. No turkey shot but it was so fun and the fact that she didn't shoot doesn't at all take from the adrenaline rush that was

@seeth07 This is the first time someone that i "know" is using the mirrored blind setup. It worked like a charm this morning, have you used it often?

@seeth07 This is the first time someone that i "know" is using the mirrored blind setup. It worked like a charm this morning, have you used it often?
Notice that the mirror is facing us. This morning was cloudy and we probably could have faced the mirror outward and it would have been fine. Any sort of light however, combined with any wind that might cause it to move slightly and its horrible. We knew where the Turkeys were going to be so we just created a wall to be able to draw the bow back easily.

Notice that the mirror is facing us. This morning was cloudy and we probably could have faced the mirror outward and it would have been fine. Any sort of light however, combined with any wind that might cause it to move slightly and its horrible. We knew where the Turkeys were going to be so we just created a wall to be able to draw the bow back easily.

Sounds like a cool concept but a really limited application to be effective. I’m sure they’ll be back for you guys!

Sounds like a cool concept but a really limited application to be effective. I’m sure they’ll be back for you guys!
She stayed sitting while I went to work and at 8am they came back to 30 yards and she didn't want to shoot at a turkey that far and wound one. Their heads move a lot and with her turkey reaper broadhead that is what she is aiming at

Well this is crap. My grandpa died yesterday and we just set funeral plans for Friday evening. I leave for Kodiak at 11am Friday. I don't really have options for rescheduling my travel plans. It wasn't exactly unexpected, he was 83 and has been having kidney issues over the last two years but it majorly sucks I'm going to be missing his actual funeral. I added having Wednesday and Thursday off this week and will be spending time with family and helping out with a few things. I will surely miss that Polack. 100% polish heritage in his blood and I'll miss the Polka music and dancing at his house over the holidays. I'll miss the Sheepshead. I hope the old ladies find his hands often in heaven.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back