Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Seeth and his better half's 2023 outdoor adventures

Storms move through last night and apparently it changed the salmon mood from hungry to tight lipped! I thought it was going to be great when set up by 315am and 330am bam, monster screamer. While fighting him another rod goes off. Nobody home. Land the beast and then silence rest of the 3 hours trolling.

I couldn't get him on the bump board, he was way too wide! 20 to 25lb.

20230723_034317.jpg

Nice fish!

I’ve got a charter booked out of Milwaukee for the second week of August. Hoping the bite picks back up. Pretty impressed with the fish they’ve been catching. Only times available for later in the morning trips so I get to avoid that 0230 wake-up.

Nice fish!

I’ve got a charter booked out of Milwaukee for the second week of August. Hoping the bite picks back up. Pretty impressed with the fish they’ve been catching. Only times available for later in the morning trips so I get to avoid that 0230 wake-up.
The king fishing this year is amazing from the reports I've gotten from friends and family and August is absolutely the best time to go. From what I saw over the last two mornings, it sure is. I don't think I've ever had a July trip where 7/7 hook ups were all big screaming kings. Usually you get a few 5 to 10 pounders mixed in.

Not much to update as its been nose to the grindstone at home working on finishing a major retaining wall/entrance to our basement by digging out a huge area of the lawn. I have finished a large portion of it and fishing might be back on the schedule for Sunday. Walleyes I think. My wife is headed to Virginia for a Shoot like a Girl event in Virginia outside of Norfolk. If you are in that area, go check it out. Or at least tell your wife about it to go check it out!

Packing is beginning and final logistics are being worked out for our trip to Kodiak. I'm actually starting to get a bit nervous. I actually got a call from AK fish and game last week asking me if I was going to hunt and if I was prepared. Apparently hunting Kodiak for elk is dangerous. This is going to be one heck of an adventure!

Got the rifle out of the gun case yesterday, dusted her off and put out a 6" steel target at 200 yards to check her zero was still good. One shot is all I needed to feel good and for that poor old Rosie Bull to start feeling scared! I've been looking for the last two months to purchase a few more boxes of ammo and its been consistently out of stock everywhere. I have 14 left and will take a few more practice shots out to 400 yards but want to travel with at least 8 rounds so my practice will be limited unless I can stumble into more ammo. Not ideal but I feel extremely comfortable with this rifle and these rounds now where I don't need to shoot it a lot to feel good. I do want to practice some 300 yard shots with a 20-30mph crosswind due to likely windy conditions on the island, hopefully I get one of those days here in the next few weeks.

I don't get out much but what are you looking for?
It is Hornady HORN, 180gr .308. This is the only place that has them right now and I will absolutely not order from here as I've had bad experiences in the past with them:

Sadly I might need to try and find something new that the gun likes as I'm not a reloader. I have tested about 10 different heavy grain loads for my hunting with it and by and far this was the best performer.

So not entirely an outdoor adventure today but my wife and I are traveling 6 hours to go look at ordering a new ice house/travel camper/toy hauler. We should have our old makeshift one sold by Monday and we are looking to seriously upgrade ours to something quite fancy. Last year we slept in ours for 31 nights so we figured maybe a bit of luxury would be nice. Helps that I just got a huge bonus from work and without any major debts to consider knocking off, this is our decision to spend it on something like this. I'll load up some "bragging" photos if we go through with it after today!

See you Minnesotans soon!

I’m jealous!! You know if you hauled that up here could use it from about end of November early December to march 31 😜

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back