SD Sheep tag auction

warmer

The SD auction tag went for $102,000 last night. I was against this auction tag from the start, but now that it has happened, how do I keep track of where, when and how this gets spent? I want more sheep on the mountain just like everyone else, so these funds better be used exactly as promised by our GFP Commission or I will be very disappointed. Just looking for some advise on how to track the money.

What did they say they would be using the money for? I'ts dedicated money just for sheep, so they should have an account to show where every dollar is spent and that is open to the public for inspection since it's a government agency. What organization sold it and what cut of the pie did they get?

What did they say they would be using the money for? I'ts dedicated money just for sheep, so they should have an account to show where every dollar is spent and that is open to the public for inspection since it's a government agency. What organization sold it and what cut of the pie did they get?

Money was to be used for "habitat improvement" Our GFP Commission approved it and the Midwest Chapter of the Wild Sheep Foundation auctioned it last night in Minneapolis. 100% is supposed to be returned to the state.

warmer,

The way I understand it, there will be a SD Bighorn Sheep Committee that will be charged with allocating the funds raised by the tag. All information about how funds are spent will be available to the public, as with any other government expenditures. I understand that expenditures will also be published through media outlets.

I would suggest contacting the SD GFP and asking for information about the committee and the process. Squeaky wheels are generally greased. The merits of the auction tag can be debated, but being somewhat familiar with the process through which the auction tag was created and the people involved, I would expect full transparency and proper management of the funds.

Oak, I also expect full transparency and proper management of the funds. Just seems like the insiders have ways of keeping the details hidden. Oak, sent you a PM.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of these tags, but after talking to Matt yesterday, I have no doubts the money will be spent on sheep.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back