Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Scratching WY moose/sheep from the bucket list

Bullshot

14AB08AF-F30E-4F8F-8FBD-DDD849A80EEE.jpeg

Wyoming has sent out both a letter and email reminding me that my accumulated moose and sheep preference points are in jeopardy if I don’t apply again soon.

Sorry and sad to see them go but since I only have a handful they are worthless to me and the price to play (meaning even to apply in the random draw) is too high given so few tags and resulting odds.

Anybody else walking away?
Who’s sticking with it?

Burned mine and drew both. Have a couple moose points, and depending on how it goes with the 90-10 bill and resulting regulation I'm likely done with sheep for this lifetime in Wyoming. I'll continue applying for another moose.

I was going to call it quits, but I couldn't make myself do it. I'll continue putting in and hope that things go in my favor some day. Would love to hunt moose there some day and only way it'll happen is if I keep trying.

I dropped out a few years back. I’ll probably just have to be satisfied with my Idaho Ram and reading the stories of others who draw a tag.

I dropped moose a couple years ago when they increased the price. I reallocated the money to SD deer and MT antelope. The silver lining is that I will definitely get tags for them and they are better suited to my bad back.

I dropped my moose points a couple years ago (think I had 6 after drawing a tag many years ago) and cashed in my sheep points this year. I will keep putting in for the random draw now that a nonresident can do that without being forced to buy the preference point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back