Scouting pics

so the lengths are? you can just PM them too me if you want it go longer.... I may take a quarter inch of my original guess's....
Matt

15 1/2" - 15 3/4" on the left, can't acurrately judge the right but similar in length....
Matt

How about 16 16 1/2 Fin?

Official score sheet says 16 2/8 and 16 6/8 after 75 days of drying. An example of how mass can disguise length.

Before I shot him, I guessed the long horn to be somewhere around 16". When we green scored him they day he was shot, we came up with the exact same measurements the official was after the drying period.

The other buck I posted is exactly 16" on both horns. He has much less mass, but looks much taller, even though he is 3/4" shorter than the longest horn on the other buck.

I was off for a total of 1/2 inch,on Big Fin's buck i will take that all day. I think whats happening with the last buck in Buzz's op is he's the only one thats seen the thing on the hoof, no doubt he had a number in mind when he walked away. The rest of us are trying to guess based on 2 profile shots.

For me a pronghorn needs to be seen from multiple angles to have any chance of getting even close at their length. Look at the last two photos Fin put up the profile shot makes him look shorter than the head on shot. Theres just no way to guess the length of a hook thats going away.

For me a pronghorn needs to be seen from multiple angles to have any chance of getting even close at their length. Look at the last two photos Fin put up the profile shot makes him look shorter than the head on shot. Theres just no way to guess the length of a hook thats going away.

agree....
Matt

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back