Scouting pics

BuzzH

Went out scouting the last couple days and had a good time despite the hot weather.

While hiking into a glassing spot, I saw a couple coyote pups running around in some sage brush. They finally spotted me as I was setting up my spotting scope and hid before I could get some pictures. I'm guessing this one of the parents that stood up and then just sat there, keeping an eye on what I was doing from about 100 yards. Got some pictures through the spotting scope:

IMG_0562.JPG

A while later, while glassing I saw a coyote about 3/4 of a mile away with a badger in tow. Funny to watch the coyote walking and the badger running to keep up!

IMG_0563.JPG

These antelope were nice and close, so I took a picture, average buck.

IMG_5034.JPG

Took a few pictures of this one. I think this buck is fairly old, could be wrong.

IMG_0549.JPG

This one was in bow range, and didnt really seem to care I was taking pictures:

IMG_5029.JPG

Finally this buck here, just a tank of a body on this one. He was around some other bucks and does and dwarfed them all. Seems to have decent mass and a good prong. Cool buck though.

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

That last one just looks so fat. LOL his face is huge too, must not be much of a rutter.

Great pics Buzz. The cheek patch on the last buck is huge. Really cool buck. I hope I see one like that in 6 weeks or so.

that last one is sweet, but unfortunately he is kinda short, maybe 12", but has very nice prongs and lower mass, the one right above that is longer and has both decent mass and prongs, may score slightly more..... that's the one I would shoot out of all of them with the bow.....
Matt

He looks like a senior citizen for sure. He'd be a hard one to pass.

Yep, should be interesting...and I have a tape and camera handy.

Not that I'm an expert at judging antelope, not that the pictures are that great... but holy chit...12 inches on that buck?

Last edited:
I think your pict of the snow buck is the closest to being similar to your original last picture. I still believe the snow buck is bigger by a ways. He's got great mass. So what was the lengh of the snow buck? I'm giving the original no more than 13.5 inches but his prongs look to be killer.

For what it's worth I've only shot 2 bucks so I'm no expert either.

I see that Eli is on hopefully he can chime in with some guesses

Last edited:
I think the horse of a body on that buck is obscuring the true size of his horns. $280 for a NR tag and I have 3 days to hunt? Don't know if he'd make it out alive.

Please.... That buck is what 15 maybe 15 1/2 stretching it... That would make it 12 if you took 2" off, I'll stick too what I know and you do the same deal....
This is one of my favorite sayings about the Internet...
"how too get into an Internet battle
1. State your opinion
2. Than wait....."

LOL
Matt

Back