Caribou Gear Tarp

Scouting pics

I'm with Duckslayer on this one. Unless that buck has Dumbo sized ears, he just isn't that tall. Great mass and prongs though. I think the buck in the 2nd pic of your scouting pics is a couple inches taller.

I've got nothing to loose. I'll guess some scores on those bucks posting here on my phone.

1. 14.5", good mass, nice prongs, 76" total score.

2. 16", decent mass and prongs, 76" total score.

3. 14", decent mass, nice prongs, 75" total score.

4. SWAG based on angle. 15", decent mass, nice prongs, 77".

5. 15", good mass and prongs, 80".

6. Hard angle, 15", good mass and prongs, 78".

7. 15", good mass and prongs, 78".

8. Hard angle, 15.5" not as good of mass and prongs, 72".

Probably way off. Would probably shoot any of those bucks my first day in Wyoming next month.

Another indication that the toad of a buck in your scouting pics isn't that tall is how much longer his nose is than his horns. Your snow buck the horns are clearly longer than its nose, the scouting buck the horns are about the same, maybe shorter.

I think you and your wife have both shot B&C bucks, so I'm probably way off on some of those, but it was fun practicing my field judging on them anyway.

Nice bucks.

Please.... That buck is what 15 maybe 15 1/2 stretching it... That would make it 12 if you took 2" off, I'll stick too what I know and you do the same deal....
This is one of my favorite sayings about the Internet...
"how too get into an Internet battle
1. State your opinion
2. Than wait....."

LOL
Matt
I was kind of leaning towards your side (although I know nothing about judging pronghorns)
Then you lost us all with this:eek:

Beings how you think this buck is 13 inches...I see now where you're pulling your numbers from.

nmtaxilope.jpg

Laffin'...

I thought he was closer to 16 til that shortened tape came along !!!! I would just hold him further away for the Photo,s :)

Awesome pics Buzz. You better shoot that heavy bastard, unless you're worried about the judging abilities of the peanut gallery.

Beings how you think this buck is 13 inches...I see now where you're pulling your numbers from.

nmtaxilope.jpg

Laffin'...

That doesn't show anything different, look at the ears about half way up, what are trying too point out? It does show alittle hook action on the left side so that may add about an 1/2 inch maybe a touch more..... If your trying too change my mind your not trying hard enough...... Laffin'
Matt

Oh and I'm not sure I said 13" on that buck also.... If that's the snow buck I said 14-14 1/2"

Last edited:
Hey Matt better let this one go, its not getting any better. I think buzz has passed on more big bucks then we will ever see here in ID. Someone with as much time seeing touching, feeling, taping etc...... would not miss judge a goat by that much but hey just my 2 cents!!

I actually do have bad memory from a car wreck, not something too joke about... On another note yep he's just got giant ears... And I still stand by that 13"... On that particular antelope... If you read carefully I said that the snow buck was bigger... Hey if you wanna chat about it, PM me and I will return my phone number... And we will chat
Matt

Since I was one of the peanut gallery and took the bait on guesses, What did the snow bucks measurements come out at?
Being a self admitted newbie on pronghorns I'm all for getting some education from the photo guessing game. Just go shoot him Buzz and end this nonsense:D He's got great mass it looks like.

That tall skinny buck with the hook? Am I reading it wrong that folks think it's 13-14.5? If so, don't respond to anymore questions about guessing a buck's size because you need some help.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back