Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Score?

Pronghorn bucks that size are fantastic and regardless of how many you look at, they are tricky judging. That's an awesome buck! Congrats again.

No kidding. It's easy to get caught up in a number, but when you get up north of 80", it's a great buck regardless. Congrats to Pat on another qualifier. Almost exactly the same size as the last one!

Buzz, That field picture is is all time B&C! Really nice light and well composed...Nice job.

When they have that kind of mass and prongs they are instant shooters!

van franke,

I did tape him right away and came up with 80 2/8 net a couple days after it was shot. I scored him again a few days later and came up with 79 6/8. Right before we took it to have it scored I had 80 6/8 net...real close to what the official score was.

There were a few measurements where it was really up to whoever scored it...I typically try to round down on anything between 1/8th inch measurements. Figure its better to short the animal rather than round up and be disappointed. Thats likely how I came up with the 79 6/8 score...was ultra-conservative on all the measurements.

One measurement on that antelope that I was "off" on was the 3rd circumference measurement. I had 4 and 3 7/8 all 3 times I taped it. The official score was 4-1 and 4-1. I also didnt have the sheet with the exact quarter measurements either...I took the measurements too high on the horn.

I agree with you on the first glance score, I was thinking 82-83 net...and I looked at that buck for over an hour the first time I saw it from 400-600 yards. The day Pat shot him, I looked at him through the spotting scope for a good 1/2 hour at 600-700 yards and also again for about that long at 300 yards. I tried to find a reason for us to pass him...couldnt come up with any.

That antelope is a stud! I've been learning just how tricky they are to judge over the past couple of years. Since I'm not great at judging them the best advice I've received . . ."Look over as many bucks as you possibly can and shoot the one you think is the biggest."

That sounds like real good advice Spitz because IMHO antelope are about the hardest animal to field judge as there is!!!

I couldnt of let him walk either. Great prongs, mass, good curl and an awesome look.
Everything you look for in a buck.

Congrats again to Pat that bucks a keeper

Regardless of score, that is a great looking buck. I think super big pronghorns like that are about one of the prettiest trophies around. Congrats to you and Pat.

Wow another great trophy for Pat. Congrats to you both. You guys are antelope killing machines.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back