Score Contest for an ELK

B

bcat

View

Ok guys I guess we will have to guess the score on this elk after the mount was done. It was 54 inches wide but isnt that wide now, the taxidermist really screwed this elk up, somehow he broke the skull plate and it is alot narrower than it used to be. Super mount for 980 bucks huh!!!! ANyway we will do the score as it is now. GOod luck. Another Boykin Outfitters hat will be the grand prize for the winner of this scoring guess. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

I'll bet if you tried real hard you could have found a worse angle to try to score this critter from. I don't know how, but I bet you could have done it..I'm going to guess 363 3/8. That's based on a spread of about 38 inches.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

You guys think your guessing??? I cant even see the pic!!! .................342..
biggrin.gif

you said to score him "as is" with the narror spread so I'm gussing 320

Looking at him as is I keep thinking that he won't go over 330, so I guess that's my score.

I know its not a very good picture, it was taken with a cheap digital camera. Did learn what kind of digital not to buy!!! I am gonna invest in one this year sometime. Sorry the picture doesnt do the bull much justice, nor the taxidermy job either!!!! bcat PS Heres a clue. The bases are 9 1/2 inches, and the beams are 50 inches long! KEEP GUESSING!!!!

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

[This message has been edited by bcat (edited 02-26-2001).]

Back