Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

SB196 - New Mexico

There is no quota on Oryx draw tags, non residents can draw all or none. Results tend to follow the res/nr applicant ratio, as do the BH Sheep draws (50/50 on BH Sheep).

My bad Bob, are those species (oryx, ibex, and sheep) not included in thislegiation? I thought they were. If not I will feel a bit better about this legislation.

Huntingfool sent out e-mails asking NR to contact the governor because she was undecided on signing.I sent my e-mail and I image alot of others did too.I'm fine with reducing the tags but against how I have to use them,guided,and the license fee for no points
Hopefully, this won't get signed an have to be reworked or thrown out

In the letter I wrote, I informed the governor it would be worth while to look at the number of landowner tags in New Mexico and consider making any landowner tag non-transferable.

If NM residents want to increase their chances to hunt each year...dont do it on the backs of the NR that fund a big chunk of your G&F. Look to limit landowner tags and do away completely with transferable landowner tags.

I wonder if Resident draw odds would increase if all the transferable landowner tags were put into the resident drawing pool?????

Just got word the she signed it. I guess I don't have to vote for her if she ever runs for president.

Thats not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning.The added license fee is a big deal to me with no points for it.I guess I'll wait and see what happens with draw odds over the next few years;hate trowing money away

Back