MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re absolutely correct and that’s why we should re-arm NATO with sawed-off shotguns and high-cap 9mm pistols.

Play silly games with me, get silly responses.

I think one point of the post to which you're replying is that certain semi auto mags used held only 10 rounds. That's already one restriction in place in certain states. Should such capacity be further reduced to 8 rounds? Seven? Several years ago in Oregon there was an attempted ballot initiative proposing a semi auto max capacity of 5 rounds. It also would have outlawed "old timey" tube fed .22 semi rifles.

Or instead should there be restrictions on the total number of 10 round semi auto mags a person can own? And/or restrictions on how many semi autos a person can own?

Obviously this has been debated and will continue to be debated into the future, and there will be mentally disturbed people out there.

As for cars and driving, I'd like to think people are worse drivers today. Look at any younger driver at a stoplight and odds are, they're clicking away on their phone. We already regulated that, but people keep doing stupid things. We also said no Tesla driver you cant go on the interstate, set it to "self driving mode" and then take a nap in the back seat. But people keep doing it. Irrelevant rant over

Last edited:
You’re absolutely correct and that’s why we should re-arm NATO with sawed-off shotguns and high-cap 9mm pistols.

Play silly games with me, get silly responses.
I was not being silly you pointed out that one occurred while there was a high capacity ban in place and the other did not. And the ban did not stop Columbine. You further pointed out that talking handguns was an asinine argument and then dived into a argument about drunk driving and banning cars. Wdont ban cars we do outlaw drunk driving, kinda like not banning AR but prohibiting murder. Silly

Busse is a dickhole and a sellout. I cannot for the life of me figure out how "assault weapons" have usurped the national stage the way they have. Is there room for any facts in this discussion? Those who are willing to bend to the pressure please explain why, when we have much greater evils in our society.

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates#:~:text=More than 106,000 persons in,drugs from 1999 to 2021.

"More than 106,000 persons in the U.S. died from drug-involved overdose in 2021"

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/features/excessive-alcohol-deaths.html

"Excessive alcohol use was responsible for more than 140,000 deaths in the United States each year during 2015–2019"

Every day, about 37 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes — that's one person every 39 minutes. In 2021, 13,384 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths

https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/distracted-driving

"Distracted driving is dangerous, claiming 3,522 lives in 2021.

https://fee.org/articles/are-ar-15-rifles-a-public-safety-threat-heres-what-the-data-say/

"between 2007 and 2017, nearly 1,700 people were murdered with a knife or sharp object per year. That’s almost four times the number of people murdered by an assailant with any sort of rifle."

Busse is a dickhole and a sellout. I cannot for the life of me figure out how "assault weapons" have usurped the national stage the way they have. Is there room for any facts in this discussion? Those who are willing to bend to the pressure please explain why, when we have much greater evils in our society.

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates#:~:text=More than 106,000 persons in,drugs from 1999 to 2021.

"More than 106,000 persons in the U.S. died from drug-involved overdose in 2021"

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/features/excessive-alcohol-deaths.html

"Excessive alcohol use was responsible for more than 140,000 deaths in the United States each year during 2015–2019"

Every day, about 37 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes — that's one person every 39 minutes. In 2021, 13,384 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths

https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/distracted-driving

"Distracted driving is dangerous, claiming 3,522 lives in 2021.

https://fee.org/articles/are-ar-15-rifles-a-public-safety-threat-heres-what-the-data-say/

"between 2007 and 2017, nearly 1,700 people were murdered with a knife or sharp object per year. That’s almost four times the number of people murdered by an assailant with any sort of rifle."
Take a deep breath. I just want to point out that it appears that you are using body counts to argue against gun regulation buy using examples of items that are HEAVILY regulated and with far broader use in society than firearms.

I encourage the use of facts in every discussion, but I don't like torturing data to make your point.

"The only way to prevent car crashes is more cars"

Nobody wants to talk about this, but the real problem that’s causing all these crashes is bad guys with cars. And how do you stop a bad guy with a car? A good guy with a car. Ever notice something all crashes have in common? They could have been stopped earlier if a good guy in a car had intervened and driven the bad guy in a car off the road. That would have been the good kind of car crash: the one that’s prevented with a different crash.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-only-way-to-prevent-car-crashes-is-more-cars

Could just lock up the bad guy when he's "on the radar" the first dozen times.

Of course, the lawyers unions would have to sign off on that.

Broken windows policing works.

Not one of these shooters, one day snapped. The teachers knew, the counselors knew, the neighbors knew. The parents begged.

The lawyers sued. The liberal DA failed to press charges. The ACLU fought.

20 steps down the road, the result was a gun. So, of course banning the previous 19 steps, is crazy shaming, or mental illness shaming, or addict shaming, etc, etc, etc. But I, or you, should naturally be punished, because the "kinder" amongst us refuse to punish the 19 steps previous.

But again, which amendment discusses cars? Second time asking

Take a deep breath. I just want to point out that it appears that you are using body counts to argue against gun regulation buy using examples of items that are HEAVILY regulated and with far broader use in society than firearms.

I encourage the use of facts in every discussion, but I don't like torturing data to make your point.
Last I read there are over 21,000 gun laws. What's more regulated?

Privileges and immunity clause. SCOTUS Paul v. Virginia

By golly if the 1A covers the internet then Article IV covers my pickup, and the constitution doesn't say anything about drunkenness.

I'll need the text of the 1a that includes "car".

I've read it 5 times.

I also read "shal not be.........." In the 2a. Not a court case. Actual words written on the actual document

I'll need the text of the 1a that includes "car".

I've read it 5 times.

I also read "shal not be.........." In the 2a. Not a court case. Actual words written on the actual document

You're not following.

SCOTUS Paul v. Virginia found that the privileges and immunity clause of the Constitution (Article IV) grants the right to free travel.

Interestingly I don't think a case has ruled on what "infringed" means.

But we've had that conversation before.

I think one point of the post to which you're replying is that certain semi auto mags used held only 10 rounds. That's already one restriction in place in certain states. Should such capacity be further reduced to 8 rounds? Seven? Several years ago in Oregon there was an attempted ballot initiative proposing a semi auto max capacity of 5 rounds. It also would have outlawed "old timey" tube fed .22 semi rifles.

Or instead should there be restrictions on the total number of 10 round semi auto mags a person can own? And/or restrictions on how many semi autos a person can own?

Obviously this has been debated and will continue to be debated into the future, and there will be mentally disturbed people out there.

As for cars and driving, I'd like to think people are worse drivers today. Look at any younger driver at a stoplight and odds are, they're clicking away on their phone. We already regulated that, but people keep doing stupid things. We also said no Tesla driver you cant go on the interstate, set it to "self driving mode" and then take a nap in the back seat. But people keep doing it. Irrelevant rant over

10 rounds is like 6 ft to not get COVID.

A number some think tank researched for reaction.

That's really the entire point.

None of it is for ACTUAL results. "Assault rifle" sounds scary. Modern sporting rifle doesn't.

I own an ACTUAL assault rifle, complete with detachable mag and bayonet lug. It assaulted Germany, and I'll assume killed folks due to its markings.

Of course it's wood not plastic so it's not scary.

A guy like Ryan that "saw the light", could actually try to find out agreement and pursue that. Instead, he became Wayne LaPierre. Both a just sideshow clowns.

LaPierre, in this forum, won't be protected. Busse, of course will. He's part of the cabal.

You're not following.

SCOTUS Paul v. Virginia found that the privileges and immunity clause of the Constitution (Article IV) grants the right to free travel.

Interestingly I don't think a case has ruled on what "infringed" means.

But we've had that conversation before.
Free travel? So not car, just travel?

Strettttttccccchhhhhh.

Free travel? So not car, just travel?

Strettttttccccchhhhhh.

It's the most commonly and widely used form of travel in our society. I believe that argument has been used by SCOTUS in other recent cases.

Tongue in cheek bud. It was a post talking about the freedom to drive drunk...

And oddly I can go into any sporting good store and buy a firearm right now. Hmmmm. Maybe eliminate all municipal and state laws. That jacks your number up.
You’ll be slowed down some. When do Washington’s new legislation go into effect?

Washington’s new law prohibits the future sale, distribution, manufacture and import of more than 50 types of guns, including AR- and AK-style rifles. The measure does not bar the possession of the weapons by people who already have them.

Washington is the 10th state – after California, Hawaii, Illinois and New York – to enact such a law.

The bill concerning lawsuits against gun manufacturers and sellers requires them to exercise reasonable controls in making, selling and marketing weapons, including steps to keep guns from being sold to people known to be dangerous or to buyers who might buy weapons on someone else’s behalf. It allows the attorney general or private parties, such as the family members of victims, to sue over violations or damages.

The third measure, including the 10-day waiting period, will create an important buffer between people in crisis and a firearm, Inslee said. That measure also requires all gun buyers to show they have taken safety training.

You’ll be slowed down some. When do Washington’s new legislation go into effect?

Washington’s new law prohibits the future sale, distribution, manufacture and import of more than 50 types of guns, including AR- and AK-style rifles. The measure does not bar the possession of the weapons by people who already have them.

Washington is the 10th state – after California, Hawaii, Illinois and New York – to enact such a law.

The bill concerning lawsuits against gun manufacturers and sellers requires them to exercise reasonable controls in making, selling and marketing weapons, including steps to keep guns from being sold to people known to be dangerous or to buyers who might buy weapons on someone else’s behalf. It allows the attorney general or private parties, such as the family members of victims, to sue over violations or damages.

The third measure, including the 10-day waiting period, will create an important buffer between people in crisis and a firearm, Inslee said. That measure also requires all gun buyers to show they have taken safety training.
And honestly, none of those keep me from owning. They’re restrictions I can overcome. A 10day waiting period doesn’t violate my rights at all.

And oddly I can go into any sporting good store and buy a firearm right now. Hmmmm. Maybe eliminate all municipal and state laws. That jacks your number up.

So you don't have background checks at your hardware store? It's the law. The FBI does the checking. Should we do back to back? Maybe back to back to back? 4 maybe?

And honestly, none of those keep me from owning. They’re restrictions I can overcome. A 10day waiting period doesn’t violate my rights at all.

Can we require 10 days to post an article? 10 days for women to vote? It doesn't violate their rights at all

Obviously works. Cali is pretty much shooting free.

Could just lock up the bad guy when he's "on the radar" the first dozen times.

Of course, the lawyers unions would have to sign off on that.

Broken windows policing works.

Not one of these shooters, one day snapped. The teachers knew, the counselors knew, the neighbors knew. The parents begged.

The lawyers sued. The liberal DA failed to press charges. The ACLU fought.

20 steps down the road, the result was a gun. So, of course banning the previous 19 steps, is crazy shaming, or mental illness shaming, or addict shaming, etc, etc, etc. But I, or you, should naturally be punished, because the "kinder" amongst us refuse to punish the 19 steps previous.

But again, which amendment discusses cars? Second time asking
What I posted was satire.

I've seen enough in this conversation and am going to walk away now. I think @Nameless Range made a good point about the fish worth frying. But I really appreciate some of the honest efforts others are making to engage in a very real and important issue; one that has only seen more of our fellow citizens die year after year, that if reasonable steps aren't taken to look at it critically, and address it realistically, may well also lead to us losing the ability to hunt with firearms, or, inversely, more children dying all the time.

But I am very much not interested in trying to converse with you or give you any more of an audience, @hossblur, as it is clear that you are not interested in hearing what anyone but you has to say.

What @Big Fin said is worth repeating: "Funny you know so much and are so comfortable blowing smoke when you know so little."

Good luck out there.

What I posted was satire.

I've seen enough in this conversation and am going to walk away now. I think @Nameless Range made a good point about the fish worth frying. But I really appreciate some of the honest efforts others are making to engage in a very real and important issue; one that has only seen more of our fellow citizens die year after year, that if reasonable steps aren't taken to look at it critically, and address it realistically, may well also lead to us losing the ability to hunt with firearms, or, inversely, more children dying all the time.

But I am very much not interested in trying to converse with you or give you any more of an audience, @hossblur, as it is clear that you are not interested in hearing what anyone but you has to say.

What @Big Fin said is worth repeating: "Funny you know so much and are so comfortable blowing smoke when you know so little."

Good luck out there.

I'll just repeat back what saj said

"Capitalism won".

Followed by, 28 pages later, not a damn one of you has heard a Ryan Busse podcast either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back