Caribou Gear

Ryan Busse is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are implying that a firearm death one way rather than another is less tragic and an acceptable price of your "freedom". It's not a good look. You are arguing for a result - keeping your specific type of gun - rather than arguing toward a potential solution to a problem. I'm not big on banning types of guns because that isn't effective when there are 400m of them out there, but saying only X% died with this gun might not sit well with the majority of the public.
Dude I need to stay out of this, but I lost one of my best friends (jimmy from my original ski story) to suicide on Christmas Day.
Obviously, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out just wtf went on there and at no point have I ever thought “damn these guns!”
“if only guns were illegal!”

To me that argument just makes no sense.

Dude I need to stay out of this, but I lost one of my best friends (jimmy from my original ski story) to suicide on Christmas Day.
Obviously, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out just wtf went on there and at no point have I ever thought “damn these guns!”
“if only guns were illegal!”

To me that argument just makes no sense.
I agree. I'm sorry for your loss. It is weird to me that as a society we have no problem making some drugs illegal because people have a tendency to over do it and kill themselves, but simultaneously try to argue that guns are not a problem. I think that we can be both pro 2A and anti people getting shot at school or the grocery store or church or whatever. But we need to talk about solutions before the situation gets so bad the solutions are handed to us.

I don't think suicides by firearm should be included in "gun violence" stats for purposes of talking about mass shootings and what could constitute additional, reasonable regulations, but what both types of acts may many times share, is emotional hurt or other "internal" issues.

It is weird to me that as a society we have no problem making some drugs illegal because people have a tendency to over do it and kill themselves, but simultaneously try to argue that guns are not a problem.

Oregon is arguably the opposite: basically let people possess and consume whatever drugs they want (if they OD, they OD? or if they take up a lot of additional public resources and healthcare staff time such as in the ER or on beds in the hallways), while imposing more restrictions on firearm ownership and use.

I’ve heard this argument that handguns are the real killer and AR platforms are only a tiny smidgin of actual dead people here. To follow on that asinine line of thinking, let’s consider deaths drunk driving compared to all driving. You’ll read here that in 2021, only 13,384 died from drunk driving incidents. While in the same period, there were a staggering 42,915 total deaths from all driving!

So just what business does the government or MADD have stepping in and legislating, regulating, bad media press about drunk driving? Where do they g

et off telling people how much they can drink before driving anyway? It’s driving that is the real killer and it’s our right as Americans to freely travel. They can take my car from my cold dead hands.

You see? Saying “yeah, but look over here at handguns” is a horseshit counterpoint.

Can you please point to the Constitutional right to drive a car?

Or to where tge FBI verifies your ability to buy one?

BTW, if you use Busse employers argument, MADD would be for banning all cars
You are implying that a firearm death one way rather than another is less tragic and an acceptable price of your "freedom". It's not a good look. You are arguing for a result - keeping your specific type of gun - rather than arguing toward a potential solution to a problem. I'm not big on banning types of guns because that isn't effective when there are 400m of them out there, but saying only X% died with this gun might not sit well with the majority of the public.

I had a friend in high school that hung himself in his dad's shop with speaker wire. I promise you, his mom didn't give 2 shitsabout speaker wire.

But yes. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of tge media, and a guy like Busse elevating a school shooting because it's sexy and sex sells.

If I'm wrong , I'll admit it. Google Buess and the Nashville shooting. See if his name pops. You won't find it on the NY times, or even his twitter, because a tranny shooting up a Christian school ain't sexy.

Further.

Gabby Giffords on record has called for the banning of all guns. That's just a fact. Buess little song and dance and attempting to blur the lines, is a lie. Not courageous, not brave.

But then, I thought this hamburger was the ticket for lunch, and it sucks, so perhaps so does everything I've said

Last edited:
media headlines are calling a drug deal gone bad on the streets of denver during the tail hours of championship celebrations last night a "mass shooting"

now, i don't know much, but i know that a drug deal resulting in two dudes shooting at each other and a person indiscriminately trying to mow down a crowd are two very different things. the term and headline mass shooting to me implies the latter.

anyway, what are we talking about? i just felt like i needed to say that somewhere.

Can you please point to the Constitutional right to drive a car?

Privileges and immunity clause. SCOTUS Paul v. Virginia

By golly if the 1A covers the internet then Article IV covers my pickup, and the constitution doesn't say anything about drunkenness.

The pastor who has sinned and welcomes you to church as a sinner like him, is always more believable than the one who sinned then screams at you about you going to hell.

The totality of every guy in here's gun saes, don't equal Ryans. And the majority of his them were 1911, which, were developed solely to kill humans faster and deader than the .38 used previously.

There's little doubt, where those fingers of his should be pointed.

Cashing the check, is always attached to his beliefs. Coward, grifter, opportunist, or whatever, doesn't back his mouth.

Being talked down to, chastised, criticized, labeled, etc, his deflection.

As long as the other guy is bad, no one should notice who sold them the gun.

Cashing the check, is always attached to his beliefs. Coward, grifter, opportunist, or whatever, doesn't back his mouth.
Any good salesman has to believe his BS. It doesn't matter if it is guns, cars, vacuums, or social media. Everyone talks their book. Welcome to America. Capitalism won. Can we move on?

Oregon is arguably the opposite: basically let people possess and consume whatever drugs they want (if they OD, they OD? or if they take up a lot of additional public resources and healthcare staff time such as in the ER or on beds in the hallways), while imposing more restrictions on firearm ownership and use.
I am loosing my mind when I read these posts as its never acceptable to discuss the 800lb gorilla here as its all about liberalism and the leftist movement and the money. Just one little step at a time. I feel for the folks who lost someone from suicide from pills/drugs/booze/guns a dam cliff. Can't blame the means. Busse is selling books and himself and gets pd from the largest anti gun lobby. Thats about the money not a nobel cause. Has nothing to do with suicide and lead jacketed bullets its a 1099 thing.

But then, I believed Ryan when he preached from on high about not developing public and, and public land in the publics hands.

He just forgot I guess the part about public land in solar farms hands and developing public for windmills.

So I imagine I could be wrong about him in this instance🙄

Any good salesman has to believe his BS. It doesn't matter if it is guns, cars, vacuums, or social media. Everyone talks their book. Welcome to America. Capitalism won. Can we move on?

Pretty much what the op was.

Think Ryans good summary?

Pretty much what the op was.

Think Ryans good summary?
I think there is a lot of truth to it, but reality is always more complicated. A good salesman simplifies to the key selling points. :) A shift of 2A groups away from hunters and to "other" gun owners has been documented numerous times. The NRA being the most obvious. Busse isn't the one who discovered it. I give him some credit for recognizing the BS he was selling, but I don't care what he has to say now. A salesman's always gonna sell. I would rather gun owners work toward building agreements on potential solutions than fighting the opposition in numerous legislative and judicial venues. I would like my kid to feel safe at school and I want to the grocery store and not have to hope there is an armed guard or have to wonder if the dude who is open carrying in the frozen section is having a good or bad day.

I think there is a lot of truth to it, but reality is always more complicated. A good salesman simplifies to the key selling points. :) A shift of 2A groups away from hunters and to "other" gun owners has been documented numerous times. The NRA being the most obvious. Busse isn't the one who discovered it. I give him some credit for recognizing the BS he was selling, but I don't care what he has to say now. A salesman's always gonna sell. I would rather gun owners work toward building agreements on potential solutions than fighting the opposition in numerous legislative and judicial venues. I would like my kid to feel safe at school and I want to the grocery store and not have to hope there is an armed guard or have to wonder if the dude who is open carrying in the frozen section is having a good or bad day.

I would too. But I don't believe for a min the black gun dictates that. In fact, by the time the black gun makes an appearance, that ship done sailed.

But it's amazing how many of these shooters were "on the FBI radar", yet somehow more FBI radar is the answer?

Open carry guys are like 40 yr old women with fake boobs. They seek attention.

I lock up my money with locks and an armed guard. I like my kids most days more than that

But it's amazing how many of these shooters were "on the FBI radar", yet somehow more FBI radar is the answer?
Not amazing at all. LEOs deal with a lot of crazy people every day. The argument of enforcing existing laws on the books has no validity. These laws are weak, if they exist at all. Maybe that is where we start.

"The only way to prevent car crashes is more cars"

Nobody wants to talk about this, but the real problem that’s causing all these crashes is bad guys with cars. And how do you stop a bad guy with a car? A good guy with a car. Ever notice something all crashes have in common? They could have been stopped earlier if a good guy in a car had intervened and driven the bad guy in a car off the road. That would have been the good kind of car crash: the one that’s prevented with a different crash.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-only-way-to-prevent-car-crashes-is-more-cars

So we should ban gas stoves because some committed suicide with a gas stove? No one is implying that it is not tragic. But I agree that energy should directed towards a solution. However when everyone is divided about the "real" cause of the problem.. gonna be hard to find

Incident Command Module or ICM can be applied in things like this. I’ve taken two complete ICM trainings (fire, corrections) and years ago LE Reactive Control Module, RCM. The RCM is alright in theory, cumbersome in application and hard to articulate in Court.

All that aside, it appeared to be management failure at Uvalde. Chief said no, wait and then mission paralysis ensued. Cops stopped advancing to the threat and are now forever to be judged.

The Uvalde threat, where 19 were killed by one gunman, was amplified by the presence of a semiautomatic high capacity detachable magazine rifle. Columbine shooting happened while the high capacity ban was law. The two shooters “only” killed 13 kids that day and there’s a reason for that.
Harris had a Hi-Point 995 Carbine with thirteen 10-round magazines and a Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun. Klebold used a 9mm Intratec TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun with one 52-, one 32-, and one 28-round magazine and a Stevens 311D double-barreled shotgun. Harris's shotgun was sawed-off to around 26 inches (0.66 m) and Klebold shortened his shotgun's length to 23 inches (0.58 m), a felony under the National Firearms Act.[70][71]

So we should ban gas stoves because some committed suicide with a gas stove? No one is implying that it is not tragic. But I agree that energy should directed towards a solution. However when everyone is divided about the "real" cause of the problem.. gonna be hard to find
That is an argument taken to an irrational place. You have taken a common household item used every day in millions of households and propose eliminating to stop its misuse. The ironic part is that method of suicide has decreased dramatically over the last 50 yrs. It wasn't because it went out of style, it was because gas companies changed the mixture of the gas being piped and eliminated carbon monoxide.

You can't completely eliminate any risk and you should never make changes with a goal of zero bad. But given we are sort of going in the wrong direction, it should be easy to make minor improvements.

Harris had a Hi-Point 995 Carbine with thirteen 10-round magazines and a Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun. Klebold used a 9mm Intratec TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun with one 52-, one 32-, and one 28-round magazine and a Stevens 311D double-barreled shotgun. Harris's shotgun was sawed-off to around 26 inches (0.66 m) and Klebold shortened his shotgun's length to 23 inches (0.58 m), a felony under the National Firearms Act.[70][71]
You’re absolutely correct and that’s why we should re-arm NATO with sawed-off shotguns and high-cap 9mm pistols.

Play silly games with me, get silly responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back