Roadless Montana

Brian in Montana

Every place in Montana that I've hunted antelope was pretty carved up with roads. Do any of you guys know of any real walk-in type areas, preferably in SW Montana, for an antelope hunt that isn't crowded with road hunters?

Thanks, brother. And I realize now, and am a little embarrassed that, I stuck a "3" in the middle of "Montana". Not sure how I did that but it might have to do with beer on a Friday evening and fat, uncoordinated thumbs.

I hunt an area in Montana that has roads every mile dividing sections. 500 yards off the road, I'm by myself. mtmuley

When there were antelope there, the Froze to Death BMA north of Hysham was as good as it got for walk in antelope hunting.

Why does it matter? Does every hunt have to be Wango Tango super extreme DIY hardcore solo, Mtn Ops sponsored?
Yes. Plus Mountain House.

Brian, I'd like to know what you find. Most antelope I find on BLM, plenty of roads in there. I

Let me know when you find a place because i'm pretty sure they don't exist anymore....... atleast in antelope and prairie country.

There are plenty of places where you need to walk in. Often you will be crossing roads that don't have access . Other places you will be walking through a few miles of poor antelope habitat to get to a 1/2 section or less of good habitat. Takes you a hour or better to get to a place that takes five minutes to hunt and nine times out of ten there are not any antelope on the small bit of good habitat.

Back