RIP Capt. Aaron Blanchard

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Exactly why this hurts:

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. I know it was a little long but it was a great hunt. I am looking forward to next year. Hopefully next year I will be able to write another story just like it. Again thank you for the kind words.

Also thanks for the support and appreciation all of you have for me and my brothers in arms. We get thanked a lot but I think that the people who support us and do so much for us upon our return home doesn't get enough attention and thanks. So from the bottom of my heart thank you for the pro-military support. It doesn't go unnoticed and we truly appreciate it. So thank you so so much.

Big Fin. I love your show. It's my favorite. So thanks for all you do.

This is awful news. My God look over you and your family in this time of great loss and sorrow.

No words suffice for this. I pray God will grant your family strength to endure during this terrible time.

Hope theres good elk hunting at fiddlers green, godspeed sir.

Fiddlers Green

Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers' Green.

Marching past, straight through to Hell
The Infantry are seen.
Accompanied by the Engineers,
Artillery and Marines,
For none but the shades of Cavalrymen
Dismount at Fiddlers' Green.

Though some go curving down the trail
To seek a warmer scene.
No trooper ever gets to Hell
Ere he's emptied his canteen.
And so rides back to drink again
With friends at Fiddlers' Green.

And so when man and horse go down
Beneath a saber keen,
Or in a roaring charge of fierce melee
You stop a bullet clean,
And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
Just empty your canteen,
And put your pistol to your head
And go to Fiddlers' Green.

I would like to say thank you Capt. Blanchard. Thank you for your service, and thank you for doing what you did. For you had a job that protected so many that were there with you, and those of us that we're not. Many thanks to a soldier that will not be forgotten. Sincerely, Andy.

Damnit. Sorry for his loved ones.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Prayers for the Blanchard family.

To Capt. Blanchard, thank YOU! Your sacrifice doesn't go unnoticed. May God bless your family.

Hugs and prayers to Capt. Blanchard's young family, friends, and fellow soldiers in the field. I feel the loss of a special brother. My gratitude will be renewed every time an Apache flies overhead ...

Back