Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Rinella on Sage-Grouse - Call to Action

Signed. And people wonder why I have no use for the likes of Rob Bishop and Ryan Benson.

Thank you, Ben! Signed, sealed, delivered. Going to make a phone call tomorrow when their office opens.

Dear Jeremiah,

Thank you for contacting me about sage grouse. It is good to hear from you.

On September 22, 2015, Department of Interior Secretary Jewell joined officials from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), the Forest Service (FS), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) in announcing the decision that the Greater Sage Grouse did not need protection under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). The same day, the final versions of the federal land management plans were published by the BLM.

After publishing the preliminary land use plans in May, the BLM and FS received comments from governors of 11 western states. These comments were largely ignored and did not take into account the individual state plans that the states like Wyoming worked so hard to develop. The FWS said the "not warranted" decision under the ESA was based solely on the implementation of the land use plans. These are plans which restrict millions of acres across the West and could have dire consequences for states' ability to manage their resources.

Ultimately, I believe that the people of Wyoming and our western neighbors are better equipped than the federal government to develop and implement wildlife management policies. Wyoming should be able to execute policies that work for the state without interference from the federal government.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I hope you will stay in touch.

John Barrasso, M.D.
United States Senator

Funny that Gov Mead had intervened on behalf of the Fed on the plans.

Nice work guys. Keep the signatures going!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back