Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Rimfire prarriedogs

Those sod poodles carry bubonic plague....wear rubber gloves when handling them. Seriously, they are fun to shoot. Around these parts .22lr or .22magnums are non-existent, however .17HRM are pretty much available just about anywhere. If I was buying a new rifle for poodle shooting it'd be a .17. I have used my 30.06 when I want to confirm zero, and do some long range shooting.

Thanks for Staying the pitchforks for now...

I cannot think of many times that I've had my hands on a prairie dog; but, I have had to shake a few off of my arrows... Oh, it's such a satisfying sound when you thump a big fat p-dog with a blunt

When I'm bowhunting antelope I carry an old arrow with an old crappy broadhead on it just for prairie dogs...take out the frustration of a blown stalk on them :D

Sylvatic plague and it is from fleas. I wouldn't stress too much unless you are throwing dead prairie dogs in your backpack. Once infected, prairie dogs don't live long.

We enjoy using the .22, but I have to agree with Cushman, the bow has become addictive. Found a huge dog town last year on opening day of the Montana 900 series antelope, and spent the whole day shooting them with an old arrowand forgot about the goats.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back