Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Returning for an old friend...Pics.

IdahoBugler said:
Seven days earlier, what I thought was a low hit on the buck was actually a high hit. I hit him about an 1" above the spine.

What ?@!??!?! You shot it high on the First shot..... ?

Moosie said:
Either that or up High, I've seen that before too.

Almost like I knew ;)

Kudos dude !!! KICK "A" buck !!! Sorry to use harsh Letters like that but it's appropriate here :D

That's a great ending to a good story! You did great and kudos for going back after the buck.

congrats on the ending of the story, persaverants pays off, congrats on finding him and putting him down.

Great story, beautiful buck. You must have had alot of charma saved up...you know there's a reason for everything. Congrats.

So is this a banner year for you or do you and the fam normally kill big chit like this every year? Can't wait to see what you bring home from Kodi.

Wow, great story! I guess I missed the first half while I was gone. Congrats on a great buck.

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I definitely feel pretty lucky to be holding that rack.

wilecoyote76 said:
When you get good at fixing broken tines, let me know. I've got a set that needs some work from this year too! Great Job!
Done deal. Hopefully we can make it look real.

JoseCuervo said:
I can tell you were serious wearing the Schnee's instead of the flip-flops...

Congrats on a nice buck and a nice season.
I probably wouldn't of wore them if I didn't have the Alaska hunt coming up. I wanted to break them in a little more. You definitely can't beat a comfy pair of flips though.

DRAFTSTUD said:
Man, The Legend Continues as a Man and His Wife have laid Bare all the Breeding Stock of the Western States!!!! Way to Go! John
I do wish he was breeding does this year and I would of loved to of seen him in a year or two. I'm guessing he was only 4.5 years old. I'll be able to find out because he was tagged by fish and game as a fawn. I still have to return the tag and find out some info on him.

Moosie said:
What ?@!??!?! You shot it high on the First shot..... ?

Almost like I knew ;)

Kudos dude !!! KICK "A" buck !!! Sorry to use harsh Letters like that but it's appropriate here :D
Ya, you called that one. :rolleyes: I'm sure we will be using way harsher letters then that one in Alaska. Especially if we don't get off the ground for a few days.

schmalts said:
Great job! team no name is getting a few points at least
Very few from me. That's the first critter I've killed this year. Hopeful to add a couple more in a month or so.

fairchase said:
Great story, beautiful buck. You must have had alot of charma saved up...you know there's a reason for everything. Congrats.
I feel the same way. When I'm starting to get discouraged with the lack of game or luck while hunting. I always make myself go out and try again. These are the times I usually get into something or luck out and kill something.

Ovis said:
So is this a banner year for you or do you and the fam normally kill big chit like this every year? Can't wait to see what you bring home from Kodi.
Not the norm.. Just very lucky this year. I'm hoping for one P&Y buck from kodi and that would be just fine.

What a tremendous story and even greater buck !!! A huge congrats on sticking with it, and I can almost associate with your feeling on finally closing the deal:D

Congrats once again......

Back