Rep. Clyde Introduces Legislation to Eliminate the Excise Tax on Firearms and Ammunition

Folks tend to forget that there are other parts of the Constitution besides the 2nd amendment.

The 16th specifically gives congress the right to tax your income.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 gives congress the right to establish excise taxes as well. So, there's that pesky Constitution getting in the way of the 2nd amendment again.

Burn it down. Burn it all down.

Folks tend to forget that there are other parts of the Constitution besides the 2nd amendment.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 gives congress the right to establish excise taxes as well. So, there's that pesky Constitution getting in the way of the 2nd amendment again.

You and your flipping facts.

Pretty busy, could someone use the google-machine and tell me how far east texas is from Missoula?

Last edited:
I agree, however, he will get re-elected. Not because he deserves it, only because of name recognition and the “R” next to his name.

Only gonna get worse with Zinke getting the nod to be our next Rep

The “three amigos” Zinke, Daines, and Rosendale will be going after public lands very soon. Mark my words.
Lee Metcalf is surely rolling in his grave.

1658512670504.gif

This forum should be called “ hunters for handouts “ . Imagine thinking people who have no interest or intentions of hunting should subsidize your recreational activity 😂 . If hunters want it they should fund it themselves . I’d be willing to pay my share to make up for it .

This forum should be called “ hunters for handouts “ . Imagine thinking people who have no interest or intentions of hunting should subsidize your recreational activity 😂 . If hunters want it they should fund it themselves . I’d be willing to pay my share to make up for it .
NR elk tags in the Rocky Mountain states are now $30,000 for you and you only then. We’ll all chip in to cover the extra $1.00 excise tax you have to pay on the box of ammo though.

NR elk tags in the Rocky Mountain states are now $30,000 for you and you only then. We’ll all chip in to cover the extra $1.00 excise tax you have to pay on the box of ammo though.
Imagine if they made a law that taxed you $1.00 for every forum post you made . It’s for the greater good though , it’ll help provide some random jimbob with high speed internet

Police
Fire Departments
Highways
Bridges
Electrical grids
K-12 Ed
Military
FBI
CIA
Sewers
Interstate Highways
County roads
Etc

We should do away with all these taxes too, right? Only the people who use them pay for them?

Your “tax free” America disappeared 240 years ago my friend

“Local Fudd is ok with stealing from people as long as it supports something he likes “
You buy the ammo and guns willingly, why don’t you make your own shit if you’re so upset about a tax that is paid by the manufacturers…..with pride

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back